Outdoor Nativity Scene

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Jester, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen one for sale in stores anywhere? That's bad when you can find every other outdoor Christmas decoration and can't find a Nativity scene. I've looked at several stores and haven't been able to find one.

2. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

saw one at lowes yesterday 40/42 but do a search here for a similar thread, siamese? can make u one

3. seabee

seabee Guest

yeah... happy holidays. :jester: :iagree:

4. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I saw a set in Lowe's today for $178.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  5. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that's waaaay to pricey for my wallet. (Thanks though for looking that up.) I had in mind maybe a simplistic light display. I also don't like the cartoonish inflatable on Lowe's site. I might try Carolina Pottery or Dewayne's next. The department stores are a no-go for the manger scene. I'm not against snowmen, santas, reindeer, etc. but I wanted some sort of CHRISTmas scene instead of the holiday cheer, seasons greetings, generic stuff. Walmart even has angels but for pete's sake, Christmas isn't about angels.

6. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

i can make another one after the one im making now, i wish i could post a pic here but dont know how to.i have mary, joseph, baby,donkey 2 sheep done and need to do kings and wise men and camel angel and star.

7. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

^The faces on the people in the Lowes navity scene look eerily like the king from Burger King. :ack:

8. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

My hubby and I just made this nativity set here. We got the template in about 3 days, bought a piece of plywood, can of kilz and tada! It is so simple and beautiful. We actually ended up making a set for my parents and my brother and his wife for their christmas presents as well. And the great thing about this company is you can add angels, wise men, etc as you have the time/budget. The templates are all very reasonable on their website http://www.woodzone.com

[​IMG]

9. KDsGrandma

Here is Siameselover's nativity scene:

[​IMG]

10. KDsGrandma

Maybe that's why they have it displayed on the top shelf, 15 feet up. :lol:

11. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

this is 2/3 life size, and i am not doing the stable at least not this year.it looks dificult!