Oven repair

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by firefly69, Jul 28, 2011.

1. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

We had a lightning strike on Monday and lost the oven, among other things. Ugh. :? Can anyone recommend someone to come out to take a look at it? The stovetop burners still work, just the oven controls/clock/etc will not come on. Hoping it is just the electronic board for the oven and it can be repaired, but I need someone to verify and repair or tell me if it cannot be repaired. It is a Kenmore, almost 6 years old. Any recommendations are appreciated, but they have to be legitimate for insurance purposes! Thanks in advance!

2. BGood

BGood Member

GE Appliance Repair is excellent

They are fast and professional, out of Wake County.
    Have had them out twice, once same problem as yours - storm sizzle to the electronix.
    Kenmore is a GE brand I think, so they should come out.
    Hope that helps.:)

3. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Thanks!!:mrgreen:

4. hrcnsfan

hrcnsfan Well-Known Member

We had Sears come out and fix our stove recently. It needed a control board replaced. For $250 they will come out and fix whatever is wrong with the appliance and guarantee it for one year (not just what they replaced...anything else that may go wrong they will come back and fix within that year). After comparing rates with other repair services we found this to be a pretty good deal.

5. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Thank you!! I appreciate the feedback!