Oversize driver recommendation

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Tonja, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Tonja

Tonja Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Does anyone have any recommendations of what type to purchase and where? We are trying to find a friend's son a birthday present.
    Thanks

2. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

You mean a golf club? If so you might want to try either Dick's Sporting Goods or Golf Galaxy in Cary. They both usually have some decent prices on some decent clubs. Then again if you want used you can try Second Swing or Play It Again both of which are in Cary as well.

Craig

3. Clif

Clif Guest

Whew! I was wondering what she was needing with a 600 pound Kenworth operator!

4. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

CENSORED's Sporting Goods? Is that a new place? :lol:

5. Clif

Clif Guest

This does tick me off about the profanity filter for the 4042 forums. I understand that some words have double meanings (such as the shortened form of Richard, the first name of our Vice President), and that it's use in the "naughty" way shouldn't be acceptable.

However, the "d" word is too common as a name to be put on the list.

Just a short list of the famous who will get censored are:

Dick Armey
    Dick Butkus
    Dick Button
    Dick Carson
    Dick Cavett
    Dick Cheney
    Dick Clark
    Dick Dastardly
    Andy Dick
    Moby Dick
    Charlie Dick
    Phillip K. Dick
    Dick Durbin
    Dick Van Dyke
    Dick Enberg
    Dick Gautier
    Dick Gephardt
    Dick's Sporting Goods
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Haymes
    Dick Loudin
    Dick Martin
    Dick Morris
    Dick Nixon
    Dick van Patton
    Dick Powell
    Dick Rutan
    Dick Sargent
    Dick Shawn
    Dick Smothers
    Dick Tracy
    Dick York

(I'm sure there are more)

6. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

Speaking of Dick Clark, did anyone else see him on the Emmy Awards? It brought a tear or two to my eyes. I loved watching American Bandstand as a kid, they should show the reruns, ahh such memories.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

7. Oy Yayoy

Oy Yayoy Well-Known Member

Just don't let a splinter prick your finger if they give you wood.

8. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

Dicks Sporting Goods?

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

How about Dick Head? An actual individual I have had to deal with in a past life. Of course he prefered to use Richard.

What were his parents thinking?

10. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

a couple of weeks ago, my little boy started his 4 year old CASL soccer. he's only 4 and a half, but he's a fairly big young'un....already over 3 foot 8 and weighs about 65 pounds....needless to say he wears extra wide shoes...like 12 or 13 eee....anyway, as far as tennis shoes go, the only ones we've found in wide sizes like that are stride rites. so, of course, now she's looking for soccer cleats. she went to several stores, including the fancy fru-fru soccer store in cary, figuring she could find some bigger sizes at a specialty store....after several stores, she decided to head to the house for lunch. so she's sitting at home, wondering to herself "where can i find soccer shoes? hey, there's a dick's sporting goods right up the street here at white oak....heck, i'm at home, i'll check their website"

my wife is not a naive woman. she's seen a few things, and even pulled a few herself....but what did she do?

she walked right over, sat down at the computer, and typed in www.dicks.com.....

not the site for dick's sporting goods, by the way....

it was a week before she told me the story....

11. CraigSPL

That's why it pays to do a google, msn, or yahoo search for the link you are looking for before blindly typing what you think it may be into the address bar.

Craig

12. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

How did you do that?

13. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I wouldn't waste money on cleats for a 4 and a half year old.

14. Clif

Clif Guest

No apostrophy.

15. dangerboy

wow..."learn to google" and "don't waste your money"....i don't know why i thought y'all would find it funny instead....

16. Cleopatra

:? Just sayin'.

And I thought it was funny! 8)

17. dangerboy

roger, roger.

18. CraigSPL

Yeah it is funny till your 10 year old kid gets online looking for something that just happens to deal with the whitehouse and the kid suddenly types in whitehouse.com

Or this case sporting goods and types in the first thing that comes to mind without really thinking.

I mean; me personally wouldn't expect to get to http://www.dickssportinggoods.com just by typing in dicks.com and in all honesty anyone who has alittle internet knowledge would think along the same lines.

But hey that's just me.

Craig

edited for punctuaction (sp) before Ken got me on this one.

19. Cleopatra

Did I ever tell you all about the time my son found Harry Pothead? Looking for Harry Potter of course...

It was not very funny.