Pain/Spine Centers - Recommendatons

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sdw714, Jul 23, 2011.

1. sdw714

sdw714 Well-Known Member

My Mother has been in a lot of pain for about 3 weeks with a pinched nerve in her neck. She has been to her medical doctor but the treatment plan there didn't work and pain medicine is making her sick. I feel like she just needs to go ahead and move on from the medical doctor with this problem. I was wondering if anyone has had any good experiences with pain/spine centers that are close to this area. Brier Creek Pain & Spine has been recommended to me. We live in Benson so that's a pretty good drive for her and she doesn't drive in Raleigh often. Any recommendations??

I know the medical doctor will refer somewhere but I'd like to send her to a place I have a few good reviews from.

Thanks for any advice!!

2. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

Both my husband and I have gotten relief at Carolina Back Institute. I have NOT found a decent chiro here. Went to many and was not satisfied. It was about how many visits and copays it was going to fix me, not actual relief of symptoms.

3. smallone

smallone Well-Known Member

I have worked for, used (as a patient) and recommended Carolina Pain Clinic~ (affiliated with Rex) The Dr. I used,Thomas Buchheit is no longer there-- but the practice is wonderful! They are in Raleigh though-- I think their new location is off Harden Rd.
    http://www.carolinapainconsultants.com/

4. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

My hubby is a patient of the Rex Pain Clinic Off of Harden as well. All in all, he's satisfied although I so wish we would have known about the possibility of treatment w/ the patches instead of having heavy-duty narcotics eat at his liver and kidneys for over a year. He had surgery this week and can no longer take the extended release meds by mouth so the hospital transitioned him over to the patch. He is walking better than I have seen him walk in over a year! I will say that when he got out of the hospital, all I had to do was call the clinic the following day and let them know what the hospital was doing and I went up there and picked up his script at the front desk. Keep in mind that the clinic has been working w/ the surgeon who did his surgery so everyone was on the same page.

Good luck to you and your mom. Chronic pain sucks!