Painful Flu Shot

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sugarfine4, Oct 29, 2010.

1. sugarfine4

sugarfine4 Guest

So... I went to a "Flu Shot Clinic" yesterday with a bunch of coworkers. All of us started having radiating pain down to our hands almost instantly. It is now 4:12 am and I am wide awake and in severe pain with my whole left arm. I have been laying on a heating pad all night and have taken Motrin also. Is this normal?? WTF?? I feel paralyzed!!!

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Call your Doctor or Hospital now!

3. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I googled every word combo I could think of and got nothing... weird the whole group of you got the same symptom. I agree with Hugh. You need to call the doc. Could be many more got the same thing going on just not saying anything... Ask the clinic" people if there have been any other complaints.

4. sugarfine4

sugarfine4 Guest

I dont remember the flu shot ever hurting like this before, and I will def be calling my MD later today. Let me just tell you, it stinks!!!

5. HeidiB

HeidiB Active Member

Dont wait

Please dont wait until "later today"....call now.

6. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

Went to my doc's office Tuesday for shot. No adverse reactions like that. The muscle was a bit sore and I didn't feel on top of things the next day but just the same minor things I almost always have.
    As stated above, you need to contact your doctor!!

7. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Could be a bad batch. Definitely call asap. That is not a normal reaction and being others are experiencing the same thing that got the shot, big red flag imo. My husband & his sister got a bad batch when they were younger of penicillan. It happens. Good luck & hope you feel better. Also, they could have hit a nerve. That happened to me before.

Stephanie--mom to 7

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

When I got my flu shot at Walgreens a few weeks back, the pharmacist that administered it asked me to wait around for 10 or 15 minutes so he could check the injection site for any adverse reaction. I know how much the pharmacists hate getting stuck on flu-shot duty, but I appreciated that he was taking the time to recheck flu shot recipients before they left the store.

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Well did the OP have to cut off their arm?

10. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Had a bit of soreness in the muscle the day after, but in no way disabling or painful. When the young lady gave me the shot, I hardly felt it at all. I've had mosquito bites that I felt more.

11. sugarfine4

sugarfine4 Guest

thanks for all the info guys. I am really stubborn with going to the dr. so I didn't go today. my arm has not hurt all day, but I have had Motrin also. Hopefully the pain is gone for good, I wont get the flu... but I won't be getting a flu shot again!!

12. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

I hope OP is OK.

I got mine down at the Walgreen's the other day with no side effects...and I NEVER get a flu shot (I finally got tired of listening to Mrs. Gomer about it!).

13. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Glad you're okay. I got a flu shot years and years ago. My first AND my last. It was discovered then just how allergic to eggs I was. Haven't gotten a shot since then and haven't gotten the flu since then either. I basically had the flu when I got the shot the first time. I haven't asked if I could get the mist yet just b/c my reactions were so severe w/the last flu shot, I'm chicken. If anyone knows about the nasal mist, can you speak up on here. Thanks

Stephanie-- mom to 7

14. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member