Parent Support Group starting for...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

kids with mental health disorders such as ADHD, bipolar, ODD, OCD, PTSD, Anxiety, etc. There are obviously way too many to name. I've been talking w/ other parents and we all are in much need of others who are basically in the same boat. We'd love to put something together where we can just talk and let the kids hang out. We need to first find out how much interest there is first off. So, please let me know if you are interested in being part of such a group. A place where we can maybe exchange ideas of what works and what doesn't. Doctors, therapists and the like. Schools. Maybe some casual venting. Those with children w/ some of these disorders know exactly what I'm talking about. This would be a safe place, no one is ridiculed and everyone can most likely relate to what you are saying. So, please email me or write on here. Either way though just let me know. We want to find out how many are interested first before we decide on logistics of a meeting place. Thanks and hope to meet some of you soon!

Stephanie--mom to 7

2. misy68

misy68 Active Member

Ooh ooh pick me:lol:

3. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

count me in. Just let me know when and where.

4. Abdulina

Thanks everyone! I'll keep bumping thread & leave it up for a week. After that, we'll get a date and time to meet. Have a wonderful weekend.

Stephanie-mom to 7

5. Abdulina

Bumping up. So far, there are about 4 of us interested in forming a group of some sort. Putting this up again as some may not have seen it over the weekend. thanks.

stephanie--mom to 7

6. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

bump....just in case someone may have missed it.

7. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

Any updates on this??? Just wondering. I know you have been busy.

8. Abdulina

Thanks for the reminder. I started a job during the day so my time is limited for sure. I will get on this tomorrow. Have been battling a horrible sinus headache for 4 days now. Thinking time to go to doc at this point. Still haven't forgotten about the group & deifnitely want to set something up for March. Which is next week. February flew by. Will set it up for March sometime & let you all know tomorrow.

stephanie--mom to 7

9. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

There is a great support group, Connections, that meets every Thursday @ 7in Clayton at 353 Second Street for people with mental illnesses or family of someone with a mental illness.