Party time ideas

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Okay, need some help on this one. I have a son that's in first grade. In love w/ bugs & Diego. We are having a party for him Saturday. My other son is getting surgery at Duke tomorrow & hopefully home tomorrow evening but we have yet to find that out. He will be wheelchair bound for quite a few months. Husband informed me he is now working this weekend...Saturday. Mandating teens stay home to help w/ upcoming fiascos that will ensue. LOL. Anyhow, with this surgery & another one forthcoming and finding a lump on another child recently, my mind totally forgot about this party in 2 days. Well, knew it was coming but truly have done nothing in the way of planning. I'm planning on shopping this evening or tomorrow as husband will be at Duke w/ our son. Party's in the afternoon. I was thinking very simple like play some outside games & have a pinata. I need some quick ideas & maybe a few "bug theme" ideas if you all could. I used to decorate cakes so I think I can cover that part. Ideas, please send them my way. Thanks in advance. Ooh, websites too. Okay, got to get back to work.

Stephanie--mom to 7

2. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

Michael's has a cool section of flimsy-ish cardboard die cuts of all shapes and designs....not terribly expensive I got shields and swords for the party-goers to decorate at my son's knight party. I thew out a bunch of markers and also had a few colors of colored duck tape (including silver for the blade of the sword) to wrap the sword handle and also to make the dividers on the shield...you know so you can put symbols or solid colors in the various quadrants or halves of the shield. I bet they have bug shapes. Those would be cool for the kids to work on and then take home. If you kept the Sunday paper, there was probably a Michael's q and if not, probably one online. Good luck with the party and everything else and have fun!!

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We had a bug-themed birthday party for DS this year. I found a TON of stuff at the Dollar Tree. I used their bug catching nets as the treat bags. Turned out CUTE! It might have been seasonal though, so not sure what, if anything, they have left. It was in June.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2010
  4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Hey, how was that cake? lol

Thing I went to a b-day party a while back and they made shrinkie dinkies doos whatever they are called. I bet they have those in bugs. Maybe creepy crawlies candy making thing? Gummy worms?

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I don't wanna talk about that cake!! It LOOKED great! :jester:

6. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

oh, i forgot the most obvious! dirt cake! google that and make sure to insert gummy worms and bugs.

7. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

KDC1970-- where'd you get the cake? I do decorate cakes after working in a few bakeries but geez, this weekend has just gotten more complicated. (don't ask). So, might have the cake made this year instead. I LOVE the net idea. Going to go to Dollar Tree tonight & keep fingers crossed that they have those. Keep the ideas flowing b/c this is really helping me out a tons.

Stephanie--mom to 7

8. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I ONLY get cakes at BJs...but think the dirt cake idea is better, its just great fun for the kids to eat dirt!!