Pay Pal

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

A couple of weeks ago I had to order my dog's meds online. I used a different company this time. And instead of going through my debit card I had to go through pay pal for the first time.

THREE DAYS AGO I GOT THIS EMAIL.

Dear ****** ******, (took out my name for the post)

We need your help resolving an issue with your PayPal account. Until you help us resolve this issue, we've temporarily limited what you can do with your account.

What's going on?

We noticed some unusual activity on your PayPal account and are concerned about potential unauthorized account access.

What to do next

Please log in to your PayPal account and complete the steps to confirm your identity and recent account activity. To help protect your account, access will remain limited until you complete the necessary steps.

The security of your PayPal account is a top priority for us and we want to work together to help protect it.

If you need help or have any questions, call us at 1-888-221-1161, 5:00 AM to 10:00 PM PT and Sat-Sun 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM PT. Please note that hours of operation may vary on holidays.

Sincerely,

PayPal
    =============================================
    I went to paypal.com and it had me reset my password. When I initially set it up I had my cell number. So it set me a text with a code to put in. I put it in and followed the prompts to reset my password.

I THEN GOT THIS FOLLOW UP EMAIL

Dear ****** ******,

Thanks for working with us to restore your PayPal account.

Please log in to your account to verify you have full access. If you're still having problems accessing all of the features, it's possible that there may be other reasons for limited access. If that is the case, you will receive more information once you log in to your account.

At PayPal, we're always interested in your feedback. We may send you an email linking to a survey, so please tell us how we’re doing.

Sincerely,

PayPal
    =========================================================
    I then got two calls from an unknown number 402-935-7733. I let it go to vm but no message was left.

I googled the number and it seems 50/50 whether it is an actually from paypay.

Since it was my first time using pay pal did I screw the pooch by resetting my password or has anyone else had something like this happen?

TIA

2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

It seems not. Unless you went to Paypal through a link in the email there was nothing at risk by changing your password. You can log on and check the activity to be sure.

I had a similar situation with my AMEX card. I got a notification about unusual transactions while on vacation at the beach. My older son was getting married and had decided to go with a Scottish theme and was wearing a traditional kilt. I had opted for the more modern version and had ordered mine through a company in Scotland that wove clan tartans. Since I was not at home my attempts to handle the issue via internet were also viewed as suspect and I finally had to call to get the order released. You may have hit a similar situation if you set Paypal up on a computer and accessed it after their concern with a phone.

If in doubt call the number listed in the contact section of Paypal and be sure.

Auxie likes this.
  3. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Auxie likes this.