Paypal Hacker

Discussion in 'Jobs Network' started by JMBS2005, Jan 7, 2013.

1. JMBS2005

JMBS2005 Member

Hi. I have a paypal account that was recently compromised. The person doing the hacking, or whatever you want to call it, put his name and address into the shipping information on my account. I would like to report this guy to the correct authorities but am not sure which ones. Should I even bother reporting it and to whom do I report it? Anyone know? He didn't steal anything else, my identity was not compromised, my bank account never saw the charges. He logged into my account somehow and bought some stuff from walmart. Everything has since been credited back. But how does this work?
    Thanks

2. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

You need to call the local police immediately!! If you don't paypal nor eBay will do a thing after 45 days. So time is not on your side. I know I got screwed out of $111.00 from a seller on ebay.

3. Clif002

Clif002 Guest

Yes and to Paypal. Also immediately change your password.

4. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Since everything was credited back, I am assuming that Paypal was notified? I would think that its up to them to notify the authorities in these cases.

It's not any different than when a credit card gets compromised. Your first call is normally to the carrying bank and they take it from there.

5. ServerSnapper

They told me it was on me to contact the authorities. Then they would assist with contacting VISA also.

6. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Well, there you go. I guess he or she should contact the JoCo sheriff department.

I just noticed this post in the Jobs network. I suppose Paypal hacker is a fairly lucrative profession!

7. ServerSnapper

They have teams dedicated to this at PayPal. What does that say? Teams!!

8. JMBS2005

JMBS2005 Member

I swear I was on the neighborhood forum when I posted this and I have no idea how to move it. My bad, many apologies. Paypal told me to handle it on my own. I just wasn't sure who to call.
    Thanks

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Don't sweat it, good luck!

10. REXAMUS

REXAMUS Member

FYI, your local police aren't going to be able to assist you in this matter. At best they can take a report for you.

IC3 is good for internet based crimes. https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx