Pies?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by keemom, Apr 19, 2011.

1. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

Are there any good places around here that make good homemade pies? I'm in charge of bringing dessert for Easter and I'm really tired of store bought pies. Does the farmers market in Raleigh have any?

2. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

You could check with the Clayton Bakery & Cafe over near the LOL Comedy Club & Skylines restaurant on Hwy 70 in Clayton.

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

those were the people who had the cleveland cakes and coffee behind Smithfields before they closed it

4. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

:popcorn:

5. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

LOL
    :ack:

6. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

There's a copule of booths at the Raleigh Farmer's market in the inside bldg that sell baked goods. Sometimes there are people under the shelter, too. Might be too late to order something, though.

There was a pie shop in Raleigh on Person St up from the Krispy Kreme. Here's the website:

http://piebirdraleigh.com/

The menu only talks about chicken pot pies and such, but they do make dessert pies. You can call and ask about them.

7. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

The cafeterias (K&S, K&W) sell whole pies too.

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Yes they are. I've never had anything less than great from there (in either location), its right down the street from the jobsite I'm working on. Alot of construction management people get lunch there, and we order lunch from there frequently ourselves. They have a great cafe menu with soups, salads and sandwiches. They cook their own meats, slice them fresh and ofcourse the sandwiches are on their own fresh bread.

9. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

Agree with the K & W suggestion (think its called D&S in Cary now - was K & S) also Carlie C's in Angier has some homemade baked goods too. They have a 7 layer chocolate cake tat everyone loves.

10. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Marie Johnson and her sister make the best lemon and chocolate meringe pies ever. They also bake cakes. The best. You have to call and make a reservation. Due to Marie's husbands health she does not cook every day. Call her. Marie B Johnson 1037 Norris Rd, Clayton, NC 27520
    919-934-3992. She is right off Barber Mill Road.

11. aprilt01

aprilt01 Well-Known Member

Cracker Barrell!!

12. littleman

littleman Well-Known Member

Best Pies around!!!

Meadow Village Restaurant
    7400 Nc Highway 50 S
    (919) 894-5430

at intersection of Hwy 50 and Hwy 96 right off I-40 at the Meadow exit.

Best homemade desserts!! Pies and Cakes!! While you're there, enjoy the country buffet!!

:mrgreen: