Pizza Inn at 40/42 good review

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by rrgreennc, Nov 12, 2010.

1. rrgreennc

rrgreennc Well-Known Member

I've had hankering for a pizza buffet, and decided to give this place another try. It's been a while since I saw anything on here about it, so here is my review.

The pizza was very good. When we first arrived around 7:00, most of what I picked up was just warm, but they kept bringing out fresh pizza through the whole meal and it was always hot after that. The variety of pizza was also very good, and there was a good amount of the buffet throughout the meal. When I paid, they asked if I was interested in anything in particular. They said they would see what they could do. About 15 minutes later, that pizza was on the buffet. The salad bar was also very fresh.

Service was friendly and efficient. Dirty dishes were removed from the table promptly and our beverages were never allowed to go empty. It was interesting to me that there was at most one teenager working. All the employees were older - some 20's, 30ish, and older. This may have a lot to do with how the place is run. So often you see places like this being run almost complete by teenagers with attitudes who wish they were anywhere else. I'm sure the current job market has something to do with this.

The restaurant was not crowded, although there was a good number of people there the whole time.

End result - my pizza craving was completely satisfied. I enjoyed several different varieties of pizza and some good salad. We drank water, so it was only $7 per person. A great deal.

I'll be back assuming things stay like this.

2. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

We started to go there last night but ended up going to Ruby Tuesdays. I have to say, Ruby's has gone downhill since they opened. The salad bar was mediocre at best and the thousand island salad dressing was bland. They were nowhere near full when we got there and we were told the grill was running 10 minutes behind. Our food came in pretty good time but it just wasn't as good as I remember them being.

3. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

The last few times I have been to Pizza Inn it was great..thanks for the post.. we all sometimes forget to post the good experiences ;)

4. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

They have been really great. Every time we go they even remember which pizza's we like and our drinks. Very impressive!