Places to sell paracord bracelets, etc

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by MizSeeker, Oct 19, 2013.

1. MizSeeker

MizSeeker Well-Known Member

OK - I'm desperate again. I've always done some sort of side craft for stress relief or extra income. Since being laid off - it's main income some weeks. If I need to remove this from here and post in Jobs or another category, PLEASE let me know. I'm looking more for info today.

I normally setup at the Clayton Farm and Community Market on Saturdays but some days it just doesn't happen. Weather - car trouble - health issues. I have a large stock in paracord bracelets that I made and sell there and any shows I do. I can also do online but I've found that in person and local custom orders do best. I've tried several times to connect with local sports teams, community centers, etc. Local festivals can be good - or like several I've done - you may not make your table fee back.

I am looking for places/opportunities to market/sell the premade bracelets and/or advertise to take more orders. I have done well with orders from car clubs, teams, sport fans of every type but I need to connect with them. Does anyone have any suggestions of how I could connect with more people locally to expand my market? My brain is stuck.

FYI - I do bracelets, lanyards, dog collars and leashes, straps (camera, band, binocular), whatever can be woven and I have a large color selection. (I will give more details in the Jobs or whatever section is more appropriate for advertising.)

Thank you!

Martha

2. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Ya got a picture of your work, dog collars sound nice, and how much?? I mean Christmas is around the corner and it is time to shop!!!

3. fionna68

fionna68 Active Member

4. Smudger

Smudger Well-Known Member

Amazon.com HUGE audience!

5. MizSeeker

I've talked to Christy and been by the store. I like her concept. I don't think I can do enough to fill one of her spots.

I can sell online and through Amazon, Etsy, Artfire and eBay. I've done it before and will do again. Lots of competition there and I'm doing better selling where people can see the work, watch me weaving, and I can do custom items.

I appreciate the suggestions - you never know what new opportunity will show up!

Martha

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  6. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Will you be at the Farmer's Market this Saturday?

7. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

I wish I had known as I just bought 5 bracelets with firestarters for stocking stuffers about a month ago. A lot of the outdoorsmen like to have them in their kit if not on their wrist just in case.

8. MizSeeker

No call for rain so YES!

Martha

9. MizSeeker

Heading out to the farm community this morning.

Martha