Planet Fitness

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ncmom, Aug 4, 2010.

1. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

A new Planet Fitness is opening in Garner... near the Timber Dr. Lowes Foods. The sign says $10 a mo., no contract. The web site mentions something about a $29 year membership fee on top of the $10 a month. There is also a more expensive rate plan mentioned. Has anyone checked into the $10 plan? I'm wondering what it includes and what the catch is? The web site mentions they don't have childcare. So is it an 'adult only' facility?

2. Crysta

Crysta Guest

I have a membership to one of the North Raleigh locations. The $10 a month is legit. The $29 is the registration fee. If you go with the next plan up (not much more, maybe $20 or $30 a month), you don't pay the registration fee. The $10 membership is good only at the gym where you sign up, not the other Planet Fitness locations. They have decent equipment and free group training sessions, plus really great hours. There is also a once a year renewal fee, that I think gets charged in October. They are adults only. They don't have any aerobics or similar classes, but do offer tanning and most of the locations have free pizza on Monday nights (kind of ironic). I've been happy, although I do plan to cancel my membership simply because I travel a ton so rarely go anymore. Oh, and you can cancel anytime without any termination fees.