Please keep in your thoughts and prayers...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by pocahontas, Mar 25, 2013.

1. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Please keep the family and friends of this young girl in your thoughts and prayers, only 14 years old and a freshman at Garner High School, it could be anyone's child at the bus stop. Please slow down and be careful around those school buses. This happened along Rt 50 between Steven's Oak Rd (at the end of Cleveland School Rd) and the Wake-Johnston County line early this morning. :-(

http://www.wral.com/14-year-old-girl-killed-at-school-bus-stop-near-garner/12263943/

2. 740i Guy

740i Guy Well-Known Member

Tragic.

I can't tell from the news article whether or not the car was running the school bus light. I believe it wasn't and was just a terrible accident from the young girl running out in the street in near darkness.

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

According to the article the bus was not stopped, had not turned on it's red flashing lights, nor was the stop arm extended.

That being said the driver of the car should have been aware of the bus stopping since the yellow caution lights were flashing which signals a stop up coming and should have slowed to the point that they could/should have been able to avoid the accident.

And while the article doesn't state so the driver of the car probably actually sped up to get past the bus without having to stop. I see that type of thing often on Old Garner Road.