Please Pray for....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by blackbearz, Aug 16, 2006.

1. blackbearz

blackbearz Well-Known Member

The family of Emily Mya who died yesterday in a car accident at the intersection of Raleigh and Elevation Rd.

Also pray for Alyssa Heider and Melissa Willis. Both girls were also involved in this accident and are in serious need of our prayers.

I'm not sure about who was in the other vehicle but lets also pray that they are OK.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

That is awful Bearz - had not heard anything about it. Don't know any of the ones involved but will definitely keep them and their families in my prayers.

3. smiles

smiles Well-Known Member

accident

The driver of the other car was not seriously injured. I believe she has a broken nose and other minor injuries.

Melissa is in the ICU at Duke.

Alyssa is in ICU at Pitt Memorial Hospital in Greenville.

All three girls had to be airlifted to hospitals after the accident.

4. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Same here! thoughts and prayers!

5. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I drove up on this accident yesterday. It was horrible. My thoughts and prayers are with the families.

6. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

My thoughts and prayers to these girls and their families.

7. Ro

Ro Well-Known Member

Our prayers go with all. I think our Lord for my blessings daily bur most especially when I hear about things like this.

8. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

OMG, am i seeing it correctly - it looks like that convertible was practically cut in half :shock: :cry:

10. bandmom

On the news they said they had to cut them out of the car. But if its a convertible, maybe they had to cut the car apart? Or maybe it was torn apart from the impact. Have to wonder if speeding was involved and who hit who?

11. smiles

smiles Well-Known Member

If you look at the picture on WRAL, you will see that the car is crushed on the side.

Melissa had surgery on her back this morning and also has head injuries. Alyssa's prognosis is grim due to head trauma.

12. bandmom

Thanks for the info. Will keep the families in my prayers.
    Having 2 driving teens myself, this hits too close to home.... :cry:

13. bandmom

14. chik

chik Well-Known Member

Melissa I know very well, and know her parents well. Being in Colorado I can offer prayers. Anyone knowing her parents please tell her we are praying.

15. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

This is incredibly sad news. :cry: I feel so bad for all the family members and friends of those girls, and my prayers go out for all of them.

Here is another link to the story, with a close-up of the mangled car. http://www.1270wmpm.com/wmpm_local_news.htm

Thank God it wasn't the convertible that overturned, otherwise there may not have been any survivors from that car.

16. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

I don't know any of these girls - or their familes - but my heart definately goes out to them. I can't imagine how much these familes are suffering right now. Losing a family member is always tough - but the thought of losing a child seems unbearable. I'm sure there are lots of teens in the area today who are having a hard time with this - and lots of parents of teens who are giving a few extra hugs to their kids and counting their blessings today. It's amazing that a day can start off so wonderful - and end so tragically. I hope by some miracle, the other two girls in the car are able to recover from this. I've received a couple of emailed prayer requests today concerning these families in addition to the postings made on this board. It sounds like lots of folks were very fond of these families and that they had touched many hearts in a positive way. I'll definately be including these girls, their families & friends in my prayers.

17. BenDover

BenDover Well-Known Member

My son knew two of the girls. It seemed to be bothering him a lot today. He wants to attend the service of mya. All I can do as a dad is be there for him. God bless the families, I can't even imagine what they are going through. :(

18. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

Re: accident

Has anyone on this board had any experience with the ICU units at these hospitals? Over the summer I spent some time at an ICU waiting room in Georgia after my Dad's heart attack. Families of indivividuals critically injured were sleeping in chairs for days/weeks. Some were brought in by helicopter with their loved ones - and didn't have a car or transportation to get around. There weren't shower facilities at the hospital where we were and many family members were reluctant to leave. Friends brought us airmattresses to sleep on, blankets, pillows, wet wipes, games, books, magazines, search-a-word puzzles, Sudako books, munchies, clean clothes, jackets (the waiting room was really cold) and other items that made our stay in the waiting room much more bearable. We were fortunate because we had so many friends & family who lived nearby who were checking on us & our needs - however, the families who were flown in from other areas seemed alienated from friends & family & didn't have many basic necessities. One of the women in the waiting room with us didn't even have her teeth with her. Her husband had been hit by a car while he was mowing the grass and she & her kids were transported to the hospital with the clothes on their backs and nothing else. We passed off much of the things we had to other families who needed them more than we did. I was just wondering if those familiar with these familes - or the ammenities offered at the ICU waiting rooms of these hospitals knew of any things these familes needed?

19. smiles

smiles Well-Known Member

Melissa's family has been able to get what they need from home due to the amount of friends and family who are there to support them.

I do not know what Alyssa's family has at PCMH since they are in Greenville. However, I do know that the prognosis is not positive.

Both hospitals have excellent ICU and trauma departments. We can only pray for everyone involved.

20. ubergeek

ubergeek Well-Known Member

Alyssa's family is all there with her in Greenville. The Ronald McDonald house is providing a place to stay. They are the sweetest, kindest people ever! Alyssa's mom is a senior english teacher at West and a dear friend.