Postage Increase starts Mon 1/22

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bandmom, Jan 19, 2012.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Someone just mentioned this to me, so thought I'd pass it along.

Highlights of the new single-piece First-Class Mail pricing, effective Jan. 22, 2012, include:
    • Letters (1 oz.) – 1-cent increase to 45 cents
    • Letters additional ounces – unchanged at 20 cents
    • Postcards – 3-cent increase to 32 cents
    • Letters to Canada or Mexico (1 oz.) – 5-cent increase to 85 cents.
    • Letters to other international destinations – 7-cent increase to $1.05

2. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

It's a good thing I have "forever stamps" - but good to know, so when it is time to purchase a new book, I'll understand why I was charged more. I am hoping my place of employment is aware of this, and changes the price in the system, so they ring up the correct price :lol:

3. 3GirlsDad

3GirlsDad Guest

Why don't they stop Saturday delivery? It would save millions in fuel costs alone.

4. jtm

jtm Well-Known Member

I'd rather they stop Monday delivery.

If the post office is going to be closed two days a week, I assume it would be best for all employees if they were two days in a row. We'll also assume that Sunday needs to be one of those days.

Most people that would have gone to the post office on a Monday would probably be able to go Tuesday through Friday just as easily. However, there are LOTS of people that work Monday through Friday, and Saturday is the only day they can get to a post office.

I think that would be the least amount of convenience overall, and the maximum savings realized.