Pray for South Johnston Teacher

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mnredsky, May 12, 2010.

1. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Witnessed a horrible accident on hwy 50 around 5:30. Happened 30 feet in front of our truck. We had to slam on brakes not to be a part of it. Teenager pulled out in front of another teenager driving his mom around. Mom had visible injuries that were horrible. She did manage to stay conscious the whole time and her son was absolutely amazing. He did not panic and was a rock for his mom.

Both teenagers walked away with scratches and bruises and both were VERY lucky. I took a picture but have no clue how to post it on here..... not that it would be a good thing to look at :cry:

Just pray for the teacher. Not sure where they took her but I'm gonna try to track her down because I want to know she is ok. :grouphug:

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  2. AWmom

AWmom Well-Known Member

that is awful, will be praying

3. Momof3boyz

Momof3boyz Guest

Her name is Beverly Purvis and she is a teacher at South Johnston.Please keep her in your prayers.

4. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

She has been at South a long time. Sure hope she is ok. Was this the accident of 50 beside the Wesleyan church? If so, I saw that as well. One car was pretty messed up.

5. mnredsky

Yes that was the accident... the messed up gray car was her's. I'm still amazed that her son walk away from it without any serious injuries. And I have to say again how impressed I was with him being so calm for his mom.

6. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Our thoughts are with all of them and with you, Red. I'm sure it shook you up as well. I think it is very nice of you to talk about how responsible the teen was with his mom and your follow up.

Please keep us abreast of the situation.

Sherry

7. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear this. Sending prayers. Please keep us informed. She was a teacher at south when I was a student there and her daughter and my daughter went to school together.

8. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Awww ....poor Ms Purvis! We will be thinking of her! Please keep us updated if you hear anything!

9. mnredsky

Just spoke with her on the phone. Couldn't help myself.. I had to know she was ok...it's been on my mind all day and all night last night. I guess it affected me than I thought it would, but I'm still a hard *ss so don't get any ideas! :p

She is doing good, was in surgery for 4 hours yesterday but is ALIVE and in good spirits. :hurray: Said she'd be in the hospital for a couple days. Her son was checked out and was released with a couple minor abrasions. :grouphug:

10. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

So glad to hear this.

Sherry

11. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update.