Prayers and Healing thoughts...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Sep 1, 2010.

1. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Hey guys...

Most of you know that I'm adopted. About 5 years ago I found my birthfather and I remain super close to him and his family.

About a year and a half ago, I met his sister, my birth aunt. She is currently in need of some really big thoughts and prayers, so I thought I'd come to my 4042 family.

You can read about her story here...

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/blues-50348-gaston-gastonia.html

Thanks!

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

You got it JK! :grouphug:

I now know where you get your beautiful singing voice from, your daddy's side of the family.

3. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

You got it! :grouphug:

4. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

:grouphug:

5. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Will remember your family's needs in prayer.

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

oh i am so sorry, will definitely keep in my prayers :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

7. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Done.

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

you got it Jen!!

:grouphug:

9. JenniferK

Got bad news about Robin yesterday...

While trying to fix the bleeding, they've found an inoperable tumor. It's cancerous.

I spoke with my Biodad yesterday and he said they've sent her home, and they've given her no more than a year.

It's really a sad situation, but from what he says, she's at peace with it, and just wants to enjoy the time she has left.

I believe in the power of prayer and I believe in miracles, but I also believe that sometimes praying for peace and comfort is the best thing to do....

So thanks for the prayers, please continue to remember her...

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You've got in Jen. So sorry to hear this. :cry:

11. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

There's all sorts of personal stories out there of miraculous recovery. I was reading just yesterday of a little toddler who was ran over in her yard by her father (by accident) with the family's SUV and its nothing but by the Grace of God that she is even here, let alone getting better. I think I read where her skull was fractured and she was in critical condition for a number of days. Even with modern medicine there was only so much they could do for her. Her father, according to the news story, had suffered greatly for his mistake.

Also, a friend of my wife was scheduled for major surgery about a month ago. She is a Christian woman who serves diligently. Faced with her circumstances, she prayed that God's will be done. When she went in for her pre-surgery prep, they checked for what they were doing the operation for and it was healed unexpectedly. The surgery was to come at a bad time in her life where her family needed her. No need for surgery and her doctor has released her.

In another case, a family member of mine (not immediate) had a broken ankle that put her in the hospital. Because of her already poor health, she developed pneumonia and began a decline to needing life support. An answer to prayer in that case, meant a hope for a quick passing and comfort for her immediate family to see that it was apparently for the best.

Obviously, sometimes the answer comes with a result that is contrary to what is desired. We must boldly take our faith to Him and place our trust squarely upon He who can speak and immediately calm the storm. In times where we have no control, where else can we go but to the Lord?

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Will do JK. :grouphug::grouphug:

13. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear that, Jennifer. We'll keep her in our thoughts and prayers.

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

sorry to hear that Jen, sending thoughts a prayers her way!

15. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Oh Jennifer I'm so sorry. Prayers definately being sent.

16. JenniferK

17. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that! :grouphug:

18. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Will do Jen!! Thoughts and prayers!!:grouphug:

19. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry fir your loss Jen :grouphug:

20. harleygirl