Pressure treated wood

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Gomer Pyle, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Ah yes, a thrilling subject. I thought about titling this post 'Live Nude GurlZ' but I probably couldn't get away with it...

Anyway, I've been buying PT wood from Lowes for the past few years and my projects usually look horrible after just a couple of months. Does anyone have a source for decent (dry & straight) PT wood?

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

My husband bought some from Neuse Indoor Lumber once but one board was split and the rest were a lot lighter looking than the one he bought from Lowes,he said they are pressure treating them to a lesser degree at Neuse I.L.,one of the reasons they sell it cheaper there. You might want to try Builders Discount but it might be the same there.
    How about Guy C Lee in Clayton,do they sell lumber also?

3. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Just because it is pressure treated doesn't mean you don't have to do anything to it. My PT lumber warped in a few months because it was in the sun alot and I called the lumber company and they told me to water seal it when I saw it needed it, not wait a year! My lumber was bought at Lowe's also, and since learning this I have not had a problem.