Proposed New High School Boundary maps

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by firefly69, Sep 8, 2009.

1. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Thought some of you might be interested in looking at the new high school boundary maps (proposed). I have a 9th grader at CHS and an 8th grader at Archer Lodge and I was surprised to see how big the proposed attendance area is for the new Corinth Holder High. I know that Clayton has 2200+ kids this year, so relief is needed, but that looks like a great big chunk carved out! I guess it's because it is so sparsely populated out there.

Anyway, it's on the district website. www.johnston.k12.nc.us

2. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

3. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Where is Corinth-Holder HS? I know we'll be long moved away by the time my son gets to HS.

4. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

It is in the middle of nowhere! It's about 7 miles outside of Archer Lodge area towards Corinth Holder, which is a few miles from the Wendell/Zebulon area, but still in JoCo. It is supposed to be a state of the art school. I heard it was to open with only freshmen and sophomores, but don't hold me to that. I am a little worried because if that is so, how will they have sports/band/etc with only two underclassmen groups?

5. momof3grls

momof3grls Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  6. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Thanks for the info! That sounds like a good way to go with only varsity teams. They already have their mascot (pirate) and colors (purple and gold, of course)!
    The committee that chose this said it would be a nice pirate, not a mean one?!?! Where's the fun in that?:mrgreen:

7. momof3grls

8. momof3grls

9. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

FYI:
    Looks like the NEW Cleveland HS - WJHS line is Middle Creek, the same as the Voting Dist.

10. LI-bratz

LI-bratz Well-Known Member

I can not open any of the threads...did they change all boundaires in JOCO for all HIgh schools or just the two new schools areas?

11. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I think most all were affected to some degree, except maybe Princeton. Sorry you can't access the links above. If you go to the district site (maybe in a new window?), you will see the link to the map.

12. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Why would you move away??? You seem to have so many friends and admirers here! :jester:

13. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I like these..... boy did they do a major split up the old West lines .... :neutral:

14. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Depending on where you live....... That HS is the best!!!!! Send all suckers...I mean buyers to my house with offers

15. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Mine will go to WJHS by the new map standards, but his "pack of friends" he has hung out with since K will be every which way but West....:lol:

16. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Hence the great Real Estate relocate coming..... Some have to satisfy Johnnie or be in the "goodl" school. Some house will inflate in value quicker than other districts.

17. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

I tried to print it to see if I could see it better but I can't see the words!! I live in Willow Sping off of White Memorial Church and Penwood road. Any clue where that falls anyone??? How can I get it larger? I did not see a "zoom" option.

18. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

on the pdf file you should see 'button' across the top with numbers , you can make it larger by increasing the number.

19. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

That area is in the WJHS district.

20. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Thanks, Bandmom!

Well, I tried the link and I couldn't get into the link at the bottom of the school page so I went into the the map of the current year and all the streets were a little more legible. From what I can tell, the map there is identical to the one I printed for the new stuff all except for the new boundary lines of course. And my area falls still in the same school as we are now. So that's a relief....

And for the record, OUR COMPUTER PROGRAM AT WORK ......BITES. Just had to get that off my chest.:jester: