Public jobs for 16 yr olds?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Savealot, May 23, 2015.

1. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

Grocery stores, fast foods anyone have any other places that will hire 16 yr olds. My son wanted to try Cabelas but you have to be 18. He is just looking for a summer part time job.
    Thanks

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Lifeguard. He will need to take a certification class, but most pools are still hiring.

Sherry

3. BanjoDan

BanjoDan Member

baling hay, farm work, moving company, skip fast food, try for a real restaurant.

4. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

Anyone know where they are hiring? Thanks so much for the ideas!

5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Yes, all the pools in Johnston County are probably still looking for lifeguards. The Red Cross will certify and then you can look up every pool in the county and have your kid start calling. Riverwood, Flowers Plantation, Glen Laurel, etc., etc., etc.

Sherry

6. 740i Guy

740i Guy Well-Known Member

Your post reminded me of a special interest movement that may bring forth a radical change in your son's prospects.

If a substantial increase in the minimum wage sweeps across the eastern states, we may see one of the most fundamental changes in middle and lower class America we have seen in decades. . . and not for the good.

If the minimum wage is, more or less doubled, the chances of an untrained teenager getting anything close to a 40 hour work week will disappear overnight, and merely getting a job will be very rare.

This video from Milton Freeman from the 1970's, illustrates how much damage, substantially increasing the minimum wage, would have on a regional area.

7. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Many Pools hire in the EARLY Spring. The indoor pools -might- hire year round.

8. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

9. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

Campbell U. will train and hire you. 15years and up. My son worked there for a while a few years ago.