Publix coming to Apex

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

2. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

We went to one in Florida and it was very expensive. Am I missing something exceptional and different about Publix?

3. Rockyv58

To me it's no more expensive than Harris Teeter, Krogers, or Lowes.
    I use to live in south Florida. And our choices when I lived there were Publix, Winn Dixie, and Albertsons. Albertsons no longer exist, Winn Dixie was always dirty, Publix stores have always been clean. Publix was also the only place I was able to get my Segram's Raspberry Ginger Ale.

4. NJ2NC

NJ2NC Well-Known Member

More chains?!?! Oh well, hopefully more competition will drive prices lower. I would love to see a REAL local butcher shop that sells local meat products only.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    poppin cork and Rockyv58 like this.
  5. Rockyv58

Gosh I haven't seen the old style butcher shops since the early 80's. I use to work in my dads wholesale meat/poultry reseller and use to sell to grocery stores and butcher shops.

6. NJ2NC

NJ2NC Well-Known Member

There is a butcher shop (well kinda) in Angier called the Angier Meat Market. their meat and prices are pretty good (better than most grocery stores locally).

We have also ventured out several times to the Butchers Market in Cary. I think they were the Meat House at one time. The one in Angier has comparable meat at better prices. The folks there are very nice as well. If you want something exotic like Gator or Rattle Snake, go to Cary.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  7. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Having lived in Central Florida for a long time, we got spoiled by having a Publix nearby. Excellence service, stores immaculate, and guaranteed the freshness of what they sell. Great deli...fresh fruits..nice meat choices.

8. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

where in central florida did you live? i lived in clermont and kissimmee. i love the publix subs when they pressed them.

9. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

Publix is suppose to be one of the top 100 companies to work for in the USA. The chain is employee-owned.

10. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

Have you been able to find the ginger ale at the Publix here?

11. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

We think the reality for all of us is that we aren't going to see Harris Teeter, Trader Joes, Publix, Costco, Whole Foods, Fresh Market, etc. until the 540 comes here. That's what happened to Apex and Morrisville.

12. trident2

trident2 Well-Known Member

Rocky, Lowes Foods at 42/50 has 2 liter bottles of it. I just bought one and its delicious! :)

Rockyv58 likes this.
  13. Rockyv58

Thanks I will have to check it out

14. trident2

Thank you for mentioning it! I had never tried it, until today. They have a huge display of it close to where the toothpaste is. Thanks again!

15. Rockyv58

Came back from there. They had 4 for $5.00. I checked if they are going to carry it all time but they found out it's only a seasonal item :(

16. trident2

I am glad you were able to get some! I don't know why they can't carry it all the time, I think people would buy it.

17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I would check the expiration date and hoard some if it is that good.

Rockyv58, NJ2NC and poppin cork like this.
  18. NJ2NC

NJ2NC Well-Known Member

It must really be something special. I may have to buy a bottle of it and try it.

19. Rockyv58

I have seen Cranberry Ginger ale stocked year round. Never tried it though

20. Rockyv58

I always liked it. When I would go to south Florida to visit family I would pick up a case for while I was there (my family ended up drinking most of it on me) and bring home two cases (12oz cans) for myself