PUD going in at a most likely location!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by lgb0250, Aug 1, 2017.

1. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Just received my minutes from the JC planning board and found out that at the Aug 15 meeting a rezoning petition will be presented for 164.8 ac on Cornwallis Rd in Cleveland Township.

At first I thought it was the property just past the bridge going towards 42. I know there was a meeting set to discuss putting 900 lots in that area just before the housing market busted a few years back and was eventually removed from the agenda.

But it is actually the property located right at the T where Winston Rd and Cornwallis come together. At least that's where I think it will be. The petition says who the owner of the property is and they own enough property right there to make sense.

The thing I find funny is that it looks like from google earth the entrance may be just before getting to that nice house behind the gates and the fountain!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  2. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Yep, looks like it. Three parcels totaling about 166 acres. The NCDOT property just north of that is where I-540 Southern Wake Expressway will be coming through.

upload_2017-8-1_17-12-43.png

3. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

They've been trying to sell that house for years. Nice property, but not sure I'd want it with two interstates (both future) on either side and a utility easement running through the middle. As if I had the money anyway.

4. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Since the details were not actually posted (even though they are public information):
    Case 17-19:
    Rezoning Petition: Petition to rezone 164.8 acres located along Cornwallis Road (SR 1525) in Cleveland Township from Agricultural Residential (AR) to Agricultural Residential – Special Use District (AR-SUD).
    Tax ID: 05F02001E, 05F02001B, 05F02002A
    Owner: Kenneth and Dawn Lucas
    Applicant: CE Group, Mark Ashness
    Special Use Permit: To allow for a Planned Development-Housing.

I wonder how many houses they will build bordering NC540, I42, and I40. And those are high voltage lines, I think 230kV.

5. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

My wife noticed a public hearing sign up at this location yesterday.

6. Maria

Maria New Member

Per Matt Kirkland planner. 244 houses are going there. Go to the meeting on Aug 15 at 6 pm. County commisioner room at the courthouse. The DOT study states 7900 cars go that way per day so add at least 244 more but most homes are two car families. Then add school buses etc crime increase, etc.

7. Maria

Maria New Member

Oh yes add 540 bypass coming in within a mile!!