Pumpkin patches

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

I wanted to take my homeschoolers to a pumpkin patch. We went to Hill Ridge Farms last year and really enjoyed it. However, I really can't do $10 a person this year. Anyone know of more reasonably priced pumpkin patches? Thanks in advance.

stephanie-- mom to 10

2. daisy8869

daisy8869 Well-Known Member

I took my son to Smith's Nursery in Benson. They have goats, a pumpkin patch, and hay rides, along with other crops and a small store. Everything is free except for the hay rides ($2 per person I believe). They also have free pumpkin painting if you buy the pumpkins $1-3 depending on the size.

The folks who work there are really nice and very helpful.

3. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

http://www.noahslanding2x2.com/Halloween.html

Get Face-to-Face With Noah's Landing Special Events
    October 27-28, 2012

Spend your Halloween trick or treating with our critters! For this special event, the zoo stays open late so kids can see nocturnal animals at their best and participate in spooky games, a Mad Science Lab, and an edible insect cafe. Special campfire on Saturday night!
    Saturday: 3-9 | Sunday: 1-5

I haven't been to this, but a friend with younger kids says it's very good. There is a charge though, $8 per person.

4. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

On livingsocial.com today under Raleigh, they have a deal for Vollmer Farms in Bunn for $4 (reg $8). If you aren't already a member, just got to livingsocial.com and sign up (free).

Here's the website for the farm:

http://www.vollmerfarm.com/index.html

Since it's one purchase per person, you might have to sign up for accounts for each attendee. :)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  5. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Check out Legacy Farms & Cattle LLC store off Hwy 210. they dont have a pumpkin patch but they are having some sort of "build a pumpkin person" event the first week of October and they have a potbelly pig and a baby calf to feed and pet. I dont know the price of the building a pumpkin person but here is their phone number. (919) 868-8789