Question about short bus

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Grammie, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

Does the short bus pick up and drop off for a short time? My grand daughter had surgery and will be on crutches and then a boot. I was wondering if she can ride the short bus and how to go about it. My daughter will be taking her and picking her up most days but due to a conflict in schedules there will be a couple days She will have to take the bus. And we know how wonderful some kids can be.

2. steve

steve Well-Known Member

In wake county anyway, the school is repsonsible for getting your children back and forth to school and have several companies (associated Transportation is one) under contract. If you have a temp situation I would pursue that option with the School transportation office.

3. Grammie

It's Johnston

4. steve

steve Well-Known Member

I know... but I think it's a state policy

5. Grammie

Thanks Steve someone sent me a message and your right it is state law. Going to tell my daughter so she can set it up before Little Miss goes back to school. She will be safer on that bus then her regular bus. Really nasty kids on it. This is grade school and a kid got off the bus and got beat up by 4 other kids. The school said it wasn't their problem they were off the bus. (Their words not mine) Plus the bus monitor who is a grade schooler using worse language than a sailor and threatens the other kids. Bus driver doesn't care. And yes he's heard it.

6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

<thinking to self> What kids need now days is a good old beating now and then.

7. steve

steve Well-Known Member

so do school administrators and bus drivers who don't care about anything other than getting home from work ASAP.

8. steve

steve Well-Known Member

9. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

Did I tell y'all our latest neighborhood bus story? Dangerboy noticed that this bus was stopping most days in front of our house or our mother in laws house next door almost daily and then someone on the bus would sweep trash out in to our yards. Dangerboy saw this happening one day and told the bus driver to stop doing this. She said she usually got a student to get off the bus and pick up the trash. WHAT! I would have a fit if I knew a bus driver was making my kid get off the bus on the side of the road. And to pick up trash!
    Dangerboy reported it.

DB's wife

10. steve

steve Well-Known Member

My son had a seizure on the bus one day, no one said a word, he slept through his stop and the driver put him out to walk home 2 miles. It took some explosive chats and threats, but i got him fired.
    After that he was pickd up and driven by a private company

11. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

OMG! thats terrible! how old was he then? did the bus driver know he had a seizure?

i would NEVER let my child ride ANY school bus. NEVER..ANY

DB's wife

12. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Wow!

We have been fortunate no problems at all with my kids on the bus.