Question for blus

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Oct 22, 2006.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I know you don't sell Suncom anymore, but hopefully you can answer my question . . . we recently switched from nextel to suncom and so far the suncom service stinks. It drops more calls than nextel ever did.

Do you think their service will improve anytime soon? My 15 day trial period is almost up and I'm thinking about sending the phones back if the service isn't going to improve.

2. isellcell

isellcell New Member

Suncom Coverage

I can tell you Suncom is not going to get any better. They do have some great plans, but that is to make up for there lack in service quality. I have been in the wireless business since 1999 and am pretty fimiliar with all the providers out there. I currently own a Verizon Wireless store. Prior to Verizon, we carried Alltel, Nextel, and Cingular. The reason we switched is because Verizon is by far the best of the bunch. I live in the 40/42 area and would be glad to assist you. If you would like feel free to give me a call. My direct line is 919-621-5939 or our general office line is 919-380-7500. You can ask for Roy if you call our general number. Give me a call and i would be glad to help you out, whether you go with Verizon or not.
    Roy

3. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

Thanks, Roy. (By the way...I have been in the wireless industry since 1997) And, yes, the service will get better as time goes by just like any other carrier. C'mon, Roy......you know better than that. The worst way to make a sale is to slam the competition.

Anyway....to answer your question, Michelle, it depends on where you are (that is with any cellular service, not just SunCom, by the way). I can tell you this, my service still works fantastic and I have had no challenges with it at all. Now, I can tell you if you live over near Polenta, it will be touch and go and it depends on the type of phone you have. If you went for the "cheap" phones, yes, you will have a challenge with coverage. According to our maps of the tower locations, this area is not well covered. Hence ONE reason I closed my store here. I am reopening but in another area, soon. Granted we can ride off of Cingular's towers but they don't cover well out here either. I live off of North Shiloh between Cornwallis and Cleveland School Rd and mine is great. No problems at all. If it's not working for you, then, by all means, take it back.

Where did you get the phone from, by the way and what model is it?

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

HEY ROY!!! :lol:

5. aydansnana

aydansnana Well-Known Member

To my understanding in the very near future there will be a tower near the Polenta School area; it will be Alltel with possibly more towers attached to this main one