Question RE: Buses

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Jan 4, 2010.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

OK, so on the coldest morning of the year so far, the bus ran over 30 minutes late. Shouldn't someone let someone know? If the weather was better, no big deal but it is COLD out there this morning. They ended up being taken to school because we had no idea what happened to the bus or when/if it was going to run? Not trying to be a PITA, but just wondering about if there is a procedure.

2. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

How on earth would they let anyone know?

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well.............gee............they can call me for every other little piddly thing. They know which kids ride which bus............seems as though a simple click on a data base would bring up some damn phone numbers.

4. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

They have never ever called me if the bus is going to be late, I have always called the school, thankfully never had to do that but twice in the last 3 years. If the bus isn't here with in 10 min of the time it's suppose to be here, I'm calling the school..i sure the heck wouldn't have waited 30 min..not sure why they don't have some type of system to call parents if it's going to be late or if it broke down, wondered that myself a time or two.

5. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Try to be realistic.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

He didn't wait for 30 minutes, DH took care of it. The issue is the non-notification.

7. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

And I'm almost positive that every school bus driver HAS to have a cell phone.

30 mins late is quite a long time to wait if your parents have already left for work and you know if you go inside or somewhere else to wait you might run the risk of missing the bus.

DS's bus wasn't late but I can relate.
    a phone couldn't have hurt is all. :?

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's not realistic to expect a service I am kinda paying for to let me know if they aren't providing said service on time?

9. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Broke down is one thing although I don't know how they could do that in an efficient way. But being late is just part of depending on free transportation.

10. rushlow2004

Sorry I guess I miss read, I saw that he was taken to school, but thought it was after the wait. Have you thought of calling the school and asking them why?

11. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

You are "paying for it" no more than I am and my kid doesn't ride the bus. Get the entitlement stuff out of your head for a second and ask yourself how you would realistically get the word out in a timely fashion.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

No, because I don't really want to be "that' parent. But I think I am going to. This isn't the first time by far.

13. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

That may be true, but I believe it's against state law for them to use them while they are operating the bus.

14. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

If it has become an residual problem then I think a phone call is in order.

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You are so full of ****. Entitlement my ***. They expect him to be at school on time if I am providing his transportation, I expect the same when they are. They can do it just like I said. There aren't but so many kids on a bus. Run a report and pick up the phone. Problem solved.

16. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

I imagine it would take more than 30 min to call the parents of every child that rides that bus. As I said, if it's a residual problem then you are right to call and complain. If not, the shut up and suck it up or take your kid to school. Buses can break down or not start in cold weather just like any other vehicle. Take the good with bad.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2010
  17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I've put up with the bad for a couple years now. I was asking if there was any procedure ALREADY in place before I call and complain.

BTW, any idea what "residual" means? This would be a continual problem, not a residual one, LOL.

18. rushlow2004

I would call just to see if if is something out of the normal. If it's not the first time, I would make that call. Nothing wrong with being "that" parent. It means you care, it could have been a legit reason.

19. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

They are synonyms genius. Maybe you need to ride the late bus to school as well and sit in on an English class.

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest