question!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by God'schild, Jun 4, 2009.

1. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Does anyone here know of a doctor's office that will do sports physicals for kids who currently have no insurance and won't charge an arm and a leg for it? Thanks in advance!
    :)

2. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Not sure, but the urgent care in Clayton had a sign offering them for $30 I thought.... but I am not sure what the catch was.

3. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Wow - that's a good deal if there isn't a catch.

On another note - I don't know the circumstances for the child being uninsured but there is a county agency - Social Services maybe or something like that, where you can buy insurance for your minor child really cheap. It's like $50.00 a year and has low co-pays.

I may be able to get details if you are interested.

4. God'schild

Thanks! If you mean Health Choice, I was on that. Then my hsband got a job and I got off casue I thought, shoot, we got good income and I don;t want to be getting something I can afford for free when so many others need it. So I got off of it. 2 weeks later, husband gets laid off......well dang.......Now I have to re-up which is ok, but I need the physical sooner than the approval will come through.

5. PBJtime

PBJtime Guest

My son has gone to Urgent Care for all his sports physicals. $30 and depending on when you go, you can get in and get out.

6. gracey1314

gracey1314 Well-Known Member

i would check out the minuteclinic @ cvs.. it says they do "camp" physicals.. i wonder if the sports physical would fall under that or not? if they do i would definately go there - they're great!

7. God'schild

Thanks all! Can you tell me where the Urgent Care in Clayton is approximately?

8. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

It is on Hwy 70. It is in the old Winn Dixie Plaza. There is a McD's on the corner... ummm.... just a bit further from Lowes Foods. Church at Clayton Crossings is there now...

[SIZE=-1]11491 Us 70 Bus Hwy[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Clayton, NC 27520[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1](919) 550-7057‎
    [/SIZE][SIZE=-1](919) 550-7059‎
    [/SIZE][SIZE=-1](919) 550-7047‎
    [/SIZE]

9. I have always got my kids' sport physicals for football, cheerleading, and track at Wake Urgent Care at 40/42. The last one we had was last July, but I swore that I only paid either $20 or $25 for it. I thought that it was a really good deal!

10. lissa27504

lissa27504 Well-Known Member

My oldes son was on healthchoice (done through social services) and it was time to reapply, we were denied and I was told I can get him the policy on my own but it was going to be $139/month----if I could afford that my children would be covered through my insurance at work! So if you know any more about that $50/year plan I'd love to know more about it. When I was denied for medicaid (youngest son) and healthchoice (oldest son) I asked Social Services about any other options out there and I was told "sorry this is all we can offer." I hate that my kids don't have health insurance but that's just the way it has to be for now.

11. LADYLEO

LADYLEO Active Member

I have always taken my children to Wake Urgent for their sports physical and I am pretty sure I only paid $25.00, good deal.

12. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

No catch... the reason for the low price is that a "sports" or "camp" physical is not an in depth, full blown physical. It's basically alook in the mouth, alook in the ears, a few questions, and turn you head and cough. Most take about 5 minutes, thus the very "reasonable" price.