Rabbit owners? Help!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by annatinnie, Mar 30, 2010.

1. annatinnie

annatinnie Well-Known Member

Sorry to double post, but I am really in need of something that comes directly from adult bunnies, and on a short leash timewise...

I have beautiful bunnies that I am bottle feeding since a local lab decided to have too much fun with a nest's mommy. Didn't have too much time to make the decision either-not sure how long they didn't eat before I got to them, but they are really growing and thriving so I hopefully will get to release them very soon (a few weeks).

I need to get in touch with someone that has an adult bunny that can provide my little ones with cecotropes. They are the sticky "poo" that they excrete that have special enzymes in them that are essential for bunnies to establish proper "flora" in their guts and will make their survival rate REALLY high at that point. One of the three's eyes opened today, so I MUST get them treated before they are introduced to solid foods.

Is there anyone that can provide this? I'm risking a lot and will eventually have to move on and pray they don't get sick if I don't get some...and it's really essential. If they were left with their mother they would have hers to eat and she would feed it to them naturally, but since we don't have her at all, we are being the best "mom" we can.

Thanks in advance
    Tiffany
    Smithfield

2. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

You might contact the folks at the Johnston County 4-H office and ask them to help you get in touch with one of the 4-H rabbit clubs.
    919-989-5380

3. OverdaRainbow

OverdaRainbow Well-Known Member

I sent you a pm annatinnie.

4. AnnaViasMom

AnnaViasMom Guest

Hi,
    We have an adult female and would be happy to help if you still need it.

5. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

This sounds fishy

How does she know a local Lab had fun? Lab as in Scientist? or Lab as in Dog? Eaither way you mess with those bunnies they will die. The problem is once the bunnies have your scent on them. Other will animals will not go near or they will just be food for some. Like the owl that we have been watching. It loves rabbit stew.

6. annatinnie

annatinnie Well-Known Member

Ana, I just PMd you concerning the bunnies!

Thanks!

7. bystander

bystander Well-Known Member

We have an adult male if you are still in need.