Recommendation for a Financial Planner/Advisor?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tame44444, Jan 2, 2011.

1. tame44444

tame44444 Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend someone for Financial Planning/Advising? I searched the threads and found very little info.

Thanks in advance!!

2. Crysta

Crysta Guest

You might want to also try City Data. I've seen this topic there a few times.

3. Smudger

Smudger Well-Known Member

stay FAR away from Edward Jones in my opinion.

4. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Edward Jones is fine for simple investing. The place I would suggest to stay away from is Morgan Stanley Smith Barney. The two companies recently merged and they can't get **** done.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  5. Karmol

Karmol Well-Known Member

Ashley Crane
    Financial Advisor at First Command Financial Planning
    919-878-3577

6. Jenna's Mom

Jenna's Mom Well-Known Member

7. Five Star

Five Star Member

8. mordorboy

mordorboy Well-Known Member

There's a fellow in Cary named Terry Wiles that I know several people have met with and are very pleased. I don't have enough money to have used his services. My investment vehicle is UNC-G at the moment.

From my at-a-distant observations, he is very customer focused, proactive, and bluntly honest. No fees for initial consultations. Doesn't give advice that necessarily gets him compensated, focuses on the customer needs. If you want his info, PM me.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  9. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

:lol: :cheers:

10. Trek123

Trek123 New Member

I believe it is best to first self-educate yourself in financial matters before seeking an adviser as its easy to be led astray by self serving individuals. A good place to begin your education is by consulting the wiki on the following site:

http://www.diehards.org

You will find references to some pretty good books covering financial matters and some of the authors even post on the forum.

Enjoy!

11. Lolly42

Lolly42 Well-Known Member

Bump

We are looking for a financial advisor to assist with some 401k / retirement questions. Wary of folks who want to sell additional products.

Suggestions?

Thanks!