Recommendations for Realtor in Clayton

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DeniseL, Mar 5, 2010.

1. DeniseL

DeniseL Well-Known Member

My brother is needing to sell his house in the Glen Laurel area of Clayton. Has anyone used a realtor they liked working with and got good results? What are the average commissions for realtors these days? It has been so many years since I sold a house I lost track of all this stuff. Thanks!

2. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Hi Denise, I would be happy to speak with your brother. I am familiar with that area and feel I have a very agressive marketing campaign. There is no "going rate" for commissions as they are all negotiable. :)
    Feel free to contact me www.AprilStephens.com 919-625-0211, Thanks so much!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  3. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

She is the BEST!!!! I would highly recommend your brother contacting April,

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:iagree:

5. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

Sorry I have nothing to add, but I wanted to tag this post, so I can make look at later this year when we put our house up for sale.

6. MamaApe

7. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Yep, you need April!

8. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

home town realty handles the sale of homes for 3.9%.

9. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Don't know how good of a realtor she is, but I see Julie Hauser's name all over the place.

10. LansingDr

LansingDr Well-Known Member

Hmm exactly which Hometown Realty office does 3.9? We have a friend who is being charged 5% by them?!

11. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

it is negotiable. last time i talked with a htr agent they had 3.9, 4.9, and 5.9. duh, now let me think about this awhile. ok. i want the 3.9%

12. redtangsoo

redtangsoo Well-Known Member

Michelle Morock-Realty World:cheers:

13. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

The different percentages may also have to do with the work and level of service involved.

Using a car wash as as an example: you can get away with a $4 car wash, but it's a basic wash & rinse. The $5 option offers a presoak and the $6 wash offers the undercarrage spray, and the $ 8 wash offers a hot lemon wax with final rinse.

Can you get by and be happy with a $4 wash or do you really want the $8 wash?

Are you willing to pay the 5.9 percent to not have to do anything but sign your name or do you want to pay the 3.9 percent have to do some of the stuff yourself?

14. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Actually i am married to the best realtor in the area....

However...

MamaApe is a darned good second :-D

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

MamaApe is the best in my book. i loved the who we used 10 years ago but MamaApe is who i will go with when i am in the market again:hurray::hurray::hurray:

16. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Mama Ape!!!!!!!

17. LansingDr

LansingDr Well-Known Member

im thinking of listing and wonder if offering a bonus (in addition to commission of course) to the selling agent is a good thing or not

18. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Another recommendation for Mama Ape! :hurray:

19. MamaApe

Although I do not put much emphasis on a realtor bonus, it certainly never hurts. If you ar thinking of offering a significant one, you are probably better off to reduce the cost of the house by that amount. At the end of the day it is the buyer making the decision, and if you can price your house slightly below the competition instead of offering a bonus it may make your home stand out :)

20. DancerRaquel

DancerRaquel Guest

I would recommend Tina Barletta at Remax- though she may have her own business, now. 919-868-9222