Refinish furniture

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Bren, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Have any of you ever tried to refinish furniture by doing it yourself? I have some bedroom furniture that used to belong to my parents. It's been in my basement for 13 years now. It really isn't worth anything to anyone but me. I've never tried to refinish furniture and I really don't know how hard it is. Should I just try to find someone to do it or give it a shot myself?

2. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

It's fairly easy, but a bit labour intensive to do it right. Lowe's and Home Depot both offer classes in furniture refinishing about every other month. Perhaps you should ask when the next class is.

3. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Thanks Clif. That's something I will check into. Do you know anyone around this area that refinishes furniture? I'd like to get a quote on what it would cost to have it done also.

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Done it on SEVERAL pieces of furniture all came out GREAT! Like Clif mentioned, labor intensive.

5. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I know this doesn't help but there use to be a couple of pbs shows I use to watch they were hosted by the same two guys: Joe L'Erario and Ed Feldman. The shows were called Furniture on the Mend, Furniture to Go, and Men in Tool Belts. They would show you how to repair furniture. And they did it all with a sense of humor.

6. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

I liked them, but they certainly are not for all tastes. :)

I just checked, you can watch some of their old stuff on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F9PfxorDSw

7. SunShine26

SunShine26 Well-Known Member

I have a family member who does this. Do you have facebook? I can get you in touch with her.

8. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Sure do, I will pm you.

9. SunShine26

SunShine26 Well-Known Member

I sent her a link to your facebook page. Be looking for a friends request from the name I have you in the pm.

10. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Thank you very much!!

11. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

furniture

brn this is michelle hubby i can look at it for you just let michelle know and i can do it for you free if you would like me to

12. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Hey Michelle's hubby. I would love for you to take a look at it if you had any extra time. You may tell me it's not worth even messing with. And I would never expect anyone to do it free. :)

13. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012