Register a cat colony in Johnston county?

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by ferrickhead28, Jan 25, 2017.

1. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where I can register a feral cat colony at in Johnston county? I found the registry for Wake, but not JoCo. I sent an email to animal control but haven't received a response.

2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

An older article but a place to start

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/community/smithfield-herald/article10279418.html

Tammy Godusi, a volunteer with the Johnston County Animal Protection League, is among the meeting’s organizers. “We’re hoping to get the discussion started about having a trap-neuter-release program here in some form, as Wake County has with Operation Catnip,” Godusi said.

To attend the meeting, call Godusi at 919-395-6181.

certdude likes this.
  3. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

Please let me know if you find any information on this. Ive got one near me that Ive tried to catch a few, and would love some help doing so.

4. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

Thanks Wayne! I have two traps that I bought on Amazon. I have been signing up for the spay/neuter clinic at Operation Catnip but the space is so limited. So far, I only got one cat neutered and he got his rabies shot. I've signed up for the February clinic but haven't heard a word yet. Last month they had over 70 cats! Shout out for Operation Catnip for doing this once a month. I know it's alot of cats, alot of hard work and they deserve the kudos. They do need supplies, etc so if you're looking for a place to donate, please consider them.

Certdude- I do have my colony registered through Wake County since I do believe that is the nearest shelter. You can register them through Operation Catnip. Otherwise, you can call any of the animal rescue groups and see if you can borrow a trap. :)

certdude likes this.