Reloading Vista or Windows XP

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by dephygravitee, Jan 10, 2009.

1. dephygravitee

dephygravitee Well-Known Member

My ex bought the kids an emachine (UGH) for Christmas and it has been nothing but trouble. Drivers seem to vanish...the network adapter drivers, the printer driver, etc....

I am attempting to completely reload it with Vista or XP but the computer will not even allow me to do that...when I attempt to load Vista, I get this message: Windows could not load required file WinSetup.dll. The file may be corrupt. To install Windows, restart the installation. Error code: 0x45A...

If I try to load XP, when I put the disc in the options listed will not even let me click on "install".....any suggestions? Other than throwing the emachine into the driveway and running it over) :)

2. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Can't offer much help but I can tell you that I have a dead e-machine in the garage you are welcome to if you need any spare parts. Ken tried to revive it but it was beyond repair. Had a virus or something that kept corrupting different parts of it.

I will never buy another e-machine!

3. trev47

trev47 Well-Known Member

Have you tried calling for support? I know it is generally a pain, but it sounds like it would still be under warranty.

4. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Format the hard drive first. Google 'formatting a hard drive'