Reminder: Check those license plate covers

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Kent, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

2. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I have run into many people that keep saying "they won't pull you for this", but why give them a reason to pull you in the first place?

The state is broke and in need of revenue.

3. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I can understand the purpose in the law, however if other states are like NC, there are a ton of specialty plates out there that are no doubt confusing to law enforcement. The state should limit specialty plates by using the same uniform color and design. They come off a bit hypocritical when they seemingly add to the confusion, but overlook it since they are generating revenue from them.

4. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Cameras is the reason

5. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Hubby removed our license plate frames last night. The funny thing is, they were the dealer frames that came with the plates and vehicles we purchased. So this should really impact the dealerships since they will no longer be able to use these for free advertising. I also noted that on my hubby's truck, and many others I saw today, even without a frame the words North Carolina are barely visible due to the placement of the bumper on the truck. This is something that can't be changed and I suspect common to many of the bigger trucks. I know this won't break the law but if the goal is to make the state name visible, I guess NC will need to address this next with the truck manufacturers.

6. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Car dealerships will just have to go back to putting the decal with their name on the trunk..... whoopie!

I guess we are lucky though, considering alot of states require a front and rear license plate, at least we can still use the front license plate area to root for our favorite teams, schools, etc.....

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Yep, VA has two plates. The first thing I do when I puchase a car is to take off the license plate frame and any decals. I paid enough money, I am not advertising for you for free also!!!

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Unless a car dealer is going to pay me a monthly fee to advertise on my car, no freebies. The frames have always come off a few days afterward and the decals get the hairdryer/fingernail treatment.