Request please!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by God'schild, Jul 1, 2011.

1. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Hey all! I need your help for a very dear friend who is taking in an abused child, female, 16, into her home becuase the child has NOwhere else to go....literally. My friend has cared for kids all her life and her heart goes out to this young lady. But my friend has only boys of her own. No girls to get any hand-me-downs from. My request is for any donations of CLOTHING and SHOES if you all can or know of any place she can get some things. My friend is on a VERY limited income so donations or hand-me-downs will help!! This poor child has literally nothing but the clothes on her back right now. My friend is making her a bedroom out of a spare room in her house. The sizes for clothes are 5 or 6 and shoe sizes are 8 1/2. I wear 8 1/2 shoes so I will be going through my shoes tonite. I, however, have NEVER seen a 5/6 size of clothes for myself...LOLOL She needs ANY kind of clothes, winter, summer, spring, fall, you name it. It is literally that bad.

I thank you all in advance! PM me if you need to and I will figure out how to pick things up!!!

2. God'schild

bump.........

3. VolleyGrl

VolleyGrl Well-Known Member

That is the size shoe that I wear and would like to think that a teenager wouldn't think that what I have is too terribly "un-cool". Shoot me a PM if you or someone wants to pick them up. :)

4. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

I think I have a couple of containers of "junior" size stuff from a store I closed. Will look through and let you know tomorrow!

5. God'schild

Thanks to all who PM'd me to donate!!! I am picking some up this evening in the 4042 area. There are a few people I have not heard back as to where they want me to come to meet them or directions to the house, if ya could, just let me know what is more convenient for ya!! :) I'd like to get it all by Saturday and take over to the house on Sunday. Thanks so much to everyone!!!

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Hit me up. I've still got a bag of clothes, you'll have to come by the house and pick them up. I can leave them on the front porch or you can come by after work. Whichever is fine with me.
    Sandy
    796-5284

7. God'schild

Hey all!! I wanted to take this opportunity to say a HUGE thanks to all who helped!! I appreciate this very much and will be delivering all of the stuff on Sunday afternoon. I will let you all know how it goes!! I've already told my friend what I have and she is ecstatic and send her thanks and well wishes to everyone!!! Harley, I l/m for you on your cell and sent you a PM as well!!! Thanks!

8. God'schild

Hey all!! I just wanted to tell you that I delivered the clothing donations to my friend and she was absolutely thrilled and thankful!! I heard more of the story details of how her situation came about for this young lady and she is so so so so so MUCH better off with my friend.... Thank you all from me and on behalf of my friend!!! :hurray::):grouphug::cheers:

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

find out what size pants she wears, I've got some 4s that are WAY too big.

10. God'schild

Will do!! Thanks!! :)