Requesting Prayer

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by hhicshg, Aug 6, 2010.

1. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

I received this on Facebook this morning. I do not know the child or parents but I have known the poster for a long time. Please offer prayers for this baby and family.
    Thank you to all. As long as there is faith and breath there is hope.

Prayer warriors, we need your help!!! Posting for a friend of a friend...her 22 month old son shot himself in the chest with a brad nailer, it went in his heart, he is in critical condition not doing good, neither is mom~ please start a prayer chain ♥ Please copy and repost........and pray

2. giapn73

giapn73 Well-Known Member

Will Do!

3. SubMom727

SubMom727 Well-Known Member

Also got this message on Facebook -- praying for all concerned.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's a small world, I also heard about this yesterday from a cousin (not FB). Thoughts and prayers definitely going out.

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

That's awful!

6. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

The child is in the hollow of the Lord's hand. I will remember him throughout the day.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I think we've all been "had." Can't find any actual news stories on this, just more rumors. Anyone else got anything legit on it?

8. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I have seen this one on and off since 2008 ish... name is different but always 22 month old. Nail guns are hard to 'shoot' that would be a weird angle in his chest. (foot maybe?)

Not saying it isn't true, just that there seems to be a revolving epidemic of 22 month olds shooting themselves in the chest with a nail gun.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yeah......the person that told me about it on the phone is an EMT, but think they heard it on FB too after asking them about it, one of their friends posted it apparently. Oh well, I guess it never hurts to send up a prayer. :cheers:

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/prayer/nailgun.asp

11. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

Sorry everyone--Guess I shoulda checked before posting. :oops:

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Nothing to apologize for, Snoopes could not confirm or deny, although they indicate that most floating around the web are a fake.

Also they didn't have anything posted till yesterday anyways.

P.S. Thanks for having a good heart!

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

What Hught said!! No biggie, we've all done it...............it's what happens to those of us with tender hearts. :cheers:

14. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Besides good thoughts and prayers are never wasted! Helps us appreciate what we have.

15. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

16. nsanemom22

I don't know.. But if ya dig deep enough there's no telling what you'll find. I may need hip waders before it's over with. If it's true I feel sorry for the little boy and sorrier for the family having to go through the judgment and mistrust of the public. If it's a lie... (/delete)

17. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

So maybe we should pray for whoever started this because obviously they could use it.

18. nsanemom22

There ya go!