rescreening windows

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by rntobe, Sep 3, 2011.

1. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

Does anybody know where i can take my window screens to get redone? I did it myself and
    the frustration is not worth doing it again,,;).

2. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Check with STock Building Supply. If they have your size you can get replacement screens for less than $15 each. A lot easier and cheaper.

3. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Lowes does it, but my first choice would be Hudson's in Clayton.

4. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Stock does have some low prices. Cheap screens but low prices. It seems Lowes is into almost everything these days could give them a try. Wonder if any of the handymen mentioned in these forums are willing to do.

5. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

I talked to someone at lowes this morning. He said they do not redo screens. I will check with stock and hudson's.

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I was at the Habitat for humanity restore behind the post office in downtown Clayton today. They have predone screening. Didn't measure it. Also I do not know what size the windows are you have. You might want to check them out. If memory serves me they are only open on Saturdays.

7. fizzco

fizzco Well-Known Member

there's a store in downtown fuquay that does them. I'v seen the sign in the window but i don't know prices or anything. when you make the left hand turn the store is immediately on the right. good luck

8. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Hudsons Hardware

77 Amelia Church Road (intersection of 70 and Amelia Church across from McDonalds)