Robber Killed in Shoot Out with Store Owner

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Oct 19, 2010.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

From 1270wmpm

Robber Killed In Attempted Hold Up
    Second Suspect Captured Following Manhunt
    [​IMG]The Johnston County Sheriff’s Office has released the name of a suspected robber, shot and killed during an attempted holdup at the Shoeheel Gas & Grocery at 3195 Shoeheel Road outside of Kenly around 5:50pm Friday.

Javier Francisco Bautista, 20, of White Street, Selma was shot and killed, authorities said, during a shootout with the store owner, Donnie Lee Creech. Sheriff’s Captain A.C Strickland said Bautista entered the store and pointed a gun at a 13 year-old behind the counter. Creech came out of a back room armed with a gun and exchanged fire with Bautista. The suspect was found dead in a van outside the business. A second suspect, waiting outside the store, reportedly fired shots at Creech before turning and running away.

Seventeen year-old Felipe Alejandro Ortiz of West Jones Street, Selma [​IMG]was found a short time later after a manhunt by sheriff’s deputies and the Highway Patrol. Ortiz was charged with attempted first-degree murder and attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon. He is being held without bond. Sheriff’s Captain Buck Pipkin said the investigation into the shooting is still on going and authorities are investigating whether the suspects may be responsible for other unsolved convenience store robberies in recent months. Authorities have not said if Bautistia and Ortiz were in the US illegally. No charges will be filed against Creech, who authorities said acted in self-defense. Photo by Carter Rabil

2. Good for him

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

If your speaking about Creech :iagree:

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Bet the robber won't do that again :mrgreen:

:cheers: to the store owner!

5. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Way to go, Mr. Creech, protecting your family and property.

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

me too:hurray::hurray::hurray:

7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Good job. If we had more of this we would have less of that.

8. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

Its a disgrace that there are so many people trying to take this right away from Mr. Creech.

Too bad he got away. Now we'll have to defend him, feed him, clothe him, house him, and probably educate him ...so he can get out and do it again.

9. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

Actually, I'm pretty sure I saw on WRAL yesterday or the day before where they had captured the 2nd suspect and charge him with attempted murder amongst other things.

FYI, for anyone interested, there is a concealed carry class being held in downtown Clayton on Saturday and Sunday this weekend the 23rd and 24th. Guns, ammo and safety equipment are being provided so all you have to do is show up for the class. If anyone is interested let me know and I can post details.