Robin Williams is gone

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sdaanimal, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

I am still trying to get my head around this one. I feel like I lost someone in my family, and am feeling that humor is a lie right now. The song "Tears of a Clown" comes to mind. So very sad :cry:

2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

They are saying that he had been fighting a bad depression recently and may have taken his own life. So sad.

3. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255. If you or anybody you know needs help, call.

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

This bothers me on many levels. As Robin warned, yet failed to take his own advice, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Medicine is available and you can live a happy active life.

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

so sad.... we were with some friends earlier when we heard this, someone found a news story that said it was asphyxiation.... I can't believe it.

:cry:

RIP Robin Williams.... Na-nu Na-nu

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

:iagree:

He always was able to make me laugh. The world is a little dimmer with out him. but we at least have him on film to help us laugh when ever we need it.

There is a song. If there is a rock and roll heaven....

well there has to be a comic heaven filled with all the greats.
    Jackie Gleason
    George Burns
    Gracie Allen
    Sid Ceasar
    and the list goes on

It just means there is another headliner.

Rest In Peace Robin Williams

7. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

So sad. Brings me to tears thinking about what the world has lost. He was a beautiful human being.

8. BobF

BobF Well-Known Member

Reality...What A Concept

Part of me knew that Robin Williams wasn't going to be one of the folks who end up slowly fading away in a hospice, but this is still a shock.

Depression is so scary because the symptoms can be masked so easily, especially by someone with William's talent. He wore his 'goofball' mask so well that even a trained therapist would probably have a hard time seeing how quickly and how deeply he was falling apart inside.

He will be missed.

On edit, presented without further comment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9I_QvEXDv0

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  9. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member