Roll Call...Everyone accounted for?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by PirateGirl, Apr 16, 2011.

1. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Whew! That was scary but we are all good over here.

2. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

We are all good here..rescued DD's puppy from her place and now DD is out rescuing people who weren't as lucky as us.

3. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

We made it through in Durham. It was pretty scary but I feel for those who were not so lucky.

Sherry

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Surprisingly enough, just a few branches and the lights only flickered a few times. Usually my street loses power a lot and we didn't this time

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

All good here. Feel like Clayton dodged a bullet.

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Channel 11 radar showed the warning bodies sliding up on either side of us. My boss in Michigan said we made National News.

7. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

yea, we were lucky here (42 & CSR) too! :cheers:

8. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Lost power for a couple hours but no damage. Scary stuff.

9. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

Lost power for a couple of hours, but it came back on for the worst of the storm. I was happy, as I felt better knowing what was going on. Scary stuff! Hope all of the 40/42 family is ok!

10. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

All good here. DH got stuck in Cary at work. He said it looked like a tornado blew through there. Debris everywhere. Sheetrock, insulation, etc. all in the trees & roads. Lots of trees down. He waited it out a bit and then came home. Nothing much happened here. We're right off of Cornwallis. Lost power but not for too long. Though seems long when you have ten kids here. LOL. Glad to hear everyone else is doing okay.

Stephanie-- mom to 7

11. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

All safe on Cornwallis Rd. Scary afternoon tho....Prayers and thoughts for those who took a hit from the storms. We survived Hurricane Fran here in '96, it was awful....

12. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

I'm at the beach and it has just started lightning here! Hope we fair better than closer to home. Glad everyone is OK!!

13. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Ok over here as well. The neighborhood where I grew up in Raleigh was totally destroyed :cry:

14. SunShine26

SunShine26 Well-Known Member

I just want everyone to know if you're reading this how blessed you are. After leaving my cousin's wedding this afternoon, I get a call from my brother's girlfriend telling me a tornado touched down in their front yard. They are fine and so is their house. Some of their neighbors were not so lucky. 3 trailers near them are demolished. She and my niece Riley lived with her mother and step dad who also lost their house. Her brother in Raleigh lost his house. The trailer park right down the road from her parents, where about 20 double wides stood, are no longer there. Lots of fatalities there. She was told there were bodies laying everywhere..from children on up. There were about 2 or 3 people who survived that were looking for their families. I can't imagine what that must feel like. I'm so thankful that I had a home to come back to and I pray for those families who lost everything they had in this awful storm. This is not "mother nature." This is God telling you to be ready because He IS coming back! I thank God that my family and I were safe and that he kept my brother and nieces safe. You never know when your last day will be. God could call you home in the blink of an eye and I pray that your hearts are right with God and that if you leave this world tomorrow, I'll see you in Heaven.

15. Crysta

Crysta Guest

We're all safe and sound. Prayers are going out to all those in need tonight!

16. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

We are all ok here too. No power outage, just some flickering on and off. My brother and his family did not fair as well. Their house was hit, blew their deck off, siding, back of the house all messed up, tree landed on his wife's vehicle and I am not sure what all else. This is all my mom told, but she couldn't remember everything, but the important thing is they are all ok.

Prayers go out to those less fortunate.

17. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

18. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

What mobile home park do they live in?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  19. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Tornado about a mile from here; got lucky again. Only debris from other homes in the yard.

20. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Lights flickered here a couple times, but that's it. Thoughts & prayers to all of those affected.