Rumor Has It....Harris Teeter....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

From what we hear on the street, looks like Flowers Plantation will be getting the Harris Teeter that has been speculated about for Johnston County for some time. The project appears to be a "go." 8)

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

SWEET!!

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

yayyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

4. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Please, please, please

5. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

yes!!!!! what she said!

6. cosmicvagabond

cosmicvagabond Well-Known Member

Is there a site in mind?

7. 27577

27577 Guest

meh, ill stick with lowes. FP is to far to drive my my trailer park

8. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Oh great, I love Harris Teeter but if they put it up by Flowers Plantation that will be just as far for me to go there as the Harris Teeter on Rte 401 @ 1010 :(

And at least the one on Rte 401 there is a lot less traffic and traffic lights then to go to Flowers Plantation.

9. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

:iagree:

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

For those of us who live out that way, it will be nice to have an option other than Food Lion or coming all the way into Clayton to Lowe's.

11. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

I am going to guess its going on the corner of 42 and Buffalo, since they have been prepping that site for some time.

I hope so anyway :)

12. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

That's what I heard from another source.

13. giapn73

giapn73 Well-Known Member

yay bout time....now if we can get some different restaurants......

14. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

That would be my guess, after being still for a couple of years there has been some activity in there over the last month or two.The original plans had it at that site, it was described as a "high end" grocery store. According to the plans there was also supposed to be a McDonalds, doctors offices, retail and other office space.

I hope it works out because it will be handy, but it's hard to imagine enough traffic to support it. The FoodLion three miles away isn't very busy and that's closer to the big neighborhoods. Becky develops pretty conservatively so my guess is that it will be a smaller store.

Either way, I hope she makes enough money from this venture that she can stop double billing me for my Pineville Club dues every month!

15. AnnetteL

Quote:I hope it works out because it will be handy, but it's hard to imagine enough traffic to support it. The FoodLion three miles away isn't very busy and that's closer to the big neighborhoods. Becky develops pretty conservatively so my guess is that it will be a smaller store.

So it probably will not be a two-story one like they got in Raleigh or was it Cary last year but even a regular or smaller version would be nice!

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

the two story one is on six forks rd in raleigh, across from North Hills.

17. AnnetteL

Will need to check it out some time,thanks!

18. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Harris Teeter has not signed a letter of intent to come yet, but that does not meet it is not coming.

19. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

I am suprised there are so much interest in Flowers Plantation on 40 42. I didn't realize so many people lived that far away. Not a bad thing, just suprised.

20. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

kinda far for me....SOOOO wish we could get one over by cornwalis...Would even like a Kroger.