Rumors false-buy books-sale continues into September

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Ron Still, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Ron Still

Ron Still Well-Known Member

September hours 7 days a week as usual. Book and movie prices are still free, $.25, or $1 plus tax. Sale location, schedule changes, and other information are on the site at: http://4042needs.org/.

Since August 5, we brought 2 truck loads - more than 40,000 adult level books into Cleveland Library - for the sale and gave another 40,000 children's level books free to school classes and libraries. The $.25 and $1 you pay for your books not only helps pay the rent, but allowed us to give this large quantity of our best selling books to the community, saving teachers and taxpayers well over $200,000 on Amazon.

One more time: Rumors of our Cleveland library sale closing in August are false, because we are scheduling the clearance sale into September. Bottom line, we simply don't know when we will close the doors for the last time. With over 100,000 new and used books, DVDs, and CDs still in stock, the Cleveland Library's (free, 4/$1, and $1) book sale is scheduled to be open every day in September. After all, we still have more inventory than most Johnston libraries (and several of Wake's regionals) and book stores. Some furniture and odds and ends are available immediately. Books may not be held-first come etc. Once approved for sale and removal, furniture must be moved out within 48 hours.

Sealed DVDs arrived Wednesday August 29
    New or once read science fiction arrived August 29
    Used assortment of books arrived August 29, including children's

It is not a rumor about my resignation. I am serving only as Acting Director in case someone or an organization in the community wished to take over the library and its assets or until it is sold out. It is a public charity and I have never received pay or benefits. The sale is to help pay off small loans and lease issues, with any extra money to be used in a new community program-but without any building expenses.

We started the program last October by committing to give $710,000 in books without charge to local residents. This month we gave away the assets of the library computer lab. We just turned over a computer and monitor to a senior citizen. In September we will provide a free computer and monitor to a K-12 local student and about $750 in tools will be given to a local school.

Please call me if you have any questions. My E-mail is cw_rls@bellsouth.net

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012