RUN FOR HAITI 5K

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by HXCforCHRIST, Feb 7, 2011.

1. HXCforCHRIST

HXCforCHRIST Well-Known Member

C3 church is presenting the C35K : RUN FOR HAITI

WE ARE RUNNING FOR HAITI! We are so excited to be hosting our first C3 5K on Saturday, March 19, 2011. This road race is part of the C3 vision of ‘providing real hope for real people in a real world’ as we bring our community together to raise support for a C3 team going to Haiti in May, 2011.

When: Saturday, March 19, 2011
    Registration Begins at 7:00am
    1 Mile Fun Run Begins at 9:00am
    5K Begins at 9:30am

Where: C3 Church
    8246 Cleveland Road, Clayton, NC

All proceeds from the 5K go directly to sending a team from C3 Church to Haiti in May, 2011. While in Haiti, they will be partnering with the organization, Mission of Hope Orphanage (www.mohhaiti.org) to help provide medical care, build homes, spend time ministering in the orphanage, and share the love of Christ. Come partner with us to bring hope to a country in desperate need!

You can register online at c3church.com or runnc.com

2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Haiti?? Curious as to the billions already raised or donated for them, where is it all and why is it that things haven't changed much there.

3. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

No need to go to Haiti . . . we have folks with those same needs right here in Johnston County.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I was just wondering the same thing. Has C3 ever done any such thing for local charity or families?

I'm sincerley curious, since I remember no such posting on here regarding.

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

<putting flame suit on>

But it's much better to do God's work in other countries than in your own backyard........didn't you know that?

6. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I applaud C3, they are looking out for their fellow human beings and not letting Nationalism or bigotry get in their way!

My only hope is that they are not doing this just to prosthelytize to these unfortunate folks.

8. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

I some how knew you would be the first to respond to my post!! LOL You must keep a PC in your hip pocket and check 40/42 every few minutes! LOL Not offended and hope you are not!! We just do not agree and that is why I'm glad to live in AMERICA!! Pat

9. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

Its hard to believe that your own churches do not send missionaries out of this country.. My church sent someone to Brazil last year, and will be sending someone again this year.. So whats the big deal they are raising money to send a group of people to another country that is what most churches do.

Yes we have needs here but we also have welfare, medicaid, daycare assistance, free lunches, more at four, and many many more government programs. Before you flame I do a lot of local giving and plan on running this race as well.. Giving can be both local and international!

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:hurray:

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I didn't say they couldn't do both...............what I want to know is IF they do both. I don't remember any 5K run put on by C3 for any local groups. Maybe I missed it. That is what I"m asking.

12. sassymom

no this is the 1st run they have ever done and as far as what they do locally I couldnt tell ya, dont go there.. but if they are like a lot of churches you don't always see what they do, when you give its not for the recognition or the praise its suppose to be from the goodness of your heart.. I know our church does a lot of giving but if you don't go there or go to the meetings you would never know because its not advertised with a sign "Hey look at what we did" type of thing..

Just saying its hard to judge what they may or may not do if you are not an active member there...

13. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:iagree:

my church does both. we do a lot of stuff local and within the church, but there are also missions that extend outside of this community and town. There are many places who don't have it as good as even the most needy person in our own backyards. God leads you where the need is, whether it's in your local community or lands far away.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You are preaching to the choir. 8)I do not trumpet what I choose to give to charity on here on anywhere else, I don't do it for a pat on the back.

However, I'm not public like a church and it seems a little odd to chose something like Haiti (which has gotten TONS of relief BTW) rather than something a little closer to home. But it's whatever, my opinion doesn't mean squat.

15. sassymom

most churches are like people they dont advertise what they do, like I said not sure on C3 as I have never been but just speaking from experience!

its all good girl ;)

16. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

I don't trumpit what I do either! In my opinion we need to look after our own first! My opinion does not mean SQUAT EITHER but it is my opinion! WHAT EVER!! Flame on! Pat

17. HXCforCHRIST

HXCforCHRIST Well-Known Member

Places C3 has helped

C3 actually have partnered with multiple local organizations including collecting items for food pantries, harbour house, New hope pregnancy center, boys and girls club, Smithfield Rescue mission, backpack buddies, angel tree and share our shoes . And also hands on work including help renovate the boys and girls club and Smithfield rescue mission and others

18. 26.2

26.2 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna log some miles that day anyhow, so someone ought to get some good out of it. I'll be there!

19. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Seems to me they could raise the money themselves with those big *** buckets they pass around every Sunday. But I guess they have to pay the power bill to light up the parking lot.

20. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Not to mention the Starbuck's.......LOL