Running Toilet

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

My master bathroom toilet started running this morning. It seems like the center flapper is not sealing. My toilets are the only ones I have seen with a center pole/flapper as such. What is it called? And do I need to replace the whole pole or can I fix the gasket?

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

has it run a mile yet? any further and you not be able to catch it. google repair toilets. easy to fix.

Hught and Auxie like this.
  3. Rockyv58

I'd rather watch it run then watch Trump and Clinton run! LOL I would watch it on youtube but not sure what that part is called. All the flapper videos show the old style

Auxie likes this.
  4. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

It is hard to tell from the picture but there should be some type of seal (flapper) at the bottom of the pole. If you cannot find a repair part that looks like it you will have to replace the entire assembly or live with the running. You can turn the valve on and off that feeds the water to the toilet to keep from wasting water.

5. John Carr

John Carr Well-Known Member

That looks like a Mansfield toilet. The replacement seal is about $2 at Lowe's.

6. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

John seems to be correct. Here is a video for you.

7. Rockyv58

Thanks all. The flapper\washer was so degraded. I bought two new ones. One for each toilet. I went to put the new washer in last night after class and I ended up breaking the hinge for the ball. So it is back to Lowes today to get a new water inlet. I had one of the new style in a box, and when I was looking at it I noticed it is a universal fit for Kohler and American.