RV spots

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Georgiared, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Georgiared

Georgiared Well-Known Member

Looking for a RV spot for family coming in August that is staying for approximately a month.
    THey have stayed at the KOA near smithfield but they would like something closer and the one on HWY 70 in Clayton is a joke.
    Anyone know anywhere else close by?
    They needa space for a 40' MH w/ 4-slides 50 Amp electricity - water - sewer

2. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

I don't know of any others that are closer than the KOA in Sithfield. You cant rent a spot over at the State Fairgrounds, but that's further away than Smithfield, right?

3. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

My parents used to lay over here on their way to and from the south for the winters. When they didn't park in my driveway, they always stayed at the one in Four Oaks, I think that is the KOA you mentioned, or they stayed at the old KOA just north of Selma. I think it's called RVacation now.
    They never found much any closer.

4. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Pm Red Neck Rich he probably has a spot on his land and a swimming pool.

5. Georgiared

Thanks for the replies. The one they have stayed at prior has been the one in Selma. I didn't know about the one in Four Oaks.... I will have to try and find that one.

6. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

My in laws used to stay in one off of Hwy.70,between Clayton and Garner,coming from Clayton it's on the right side.Back then it was the cheapest around.

7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

It's just off 95 on 701. I think it's a KOA now. There is also a small one on the other side of the road.

8. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

http://www.koacampingnc.com/smithfield/

According to the location on their website, it's actually Four Oaks, even though they call it Smithfield KOA.

9. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

On the subject of RV parks...I sure wish someone would buy the former Salter Path Family Campground down in the Emerald Isle area. The land sold and condos were supposed to be built but from what I'm told, the builder/land owner went bankrupt and the park is just locked and sitting there. Holiday Travel Park is the only other ocean front campground and their rates are a joke. The lady there told me "we are the only oceanfront park with overnight sites so we can charge whatever we want". There are some other nice parks in the area on the mainland but that means getting up at the crack of dawn to drive over to the beach and hope to find public parking.

10. Georgiared

Thanks for the input.. Looks like it will be the KOA in Four Oaks as the final verdict.