RX Glasses at BJs?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by pkc789, Sep 18, 2014.

1. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Does anyone order their eye glasses at BJs?

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I did. I don't know if she is still there, but there is one girl at White Oak that you need to avoid. (African American - 30ish). I dont know if she is inept or just doesnt care, my impression was the second. I heard that the guy there was pretty good.

After she screwed it up three times, I finally went to the BJ's near Triangle Town Center. They got it right over there on the first try.

Look for the monthly deals.

3. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I have been happy with mine.

4. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Yes. Fred at BJ's is great. Call and find out when Fred is working. You will be happy!

5. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Wife and I both bought a pair there. Was not happy with the service or the product. We now buy all of ours online at Zenni's and have been very pleased with the product and price.

6. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

If you need bifocals/progressives, they are very high. Also, most of the frames I liked were not included in their so-called sale. Progressives w/ the only frame I liked were going to cost me around $360 (lenses alone were like $220). I have gotten my last two pairs from Costco. They were cheaper, even including having to pay the enrollment fee (I don't normally keep a membership there). I got regular glasses plus RX suglasses (sale w/ 25% off the sunglasses) and the $55 membership fee for about the same price I would have spent for the one pair at BJs.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  7. cmdknw06

cmdknw06 Well-Known Member

If you have a high rx, they can't do it. My sons rx is pretty high and they said they couldn't even do them.