School shooting.............

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by God'schild, Dec 14, 2012.

1. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

May God bless and be with those families and students in Newton, CT at this horrific time.... Such tragedy and senselessness.... :cry::grouphug: I just don't know what else to say...........

2. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Newtown, Conn. We lived 12 miles from this school for 2 years. You never know where or when something like this will occur. My thoughts and prayers are with the families/friends. So sad.

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

There are just no words for something so senseless....

:cry:

4. Clif002

Clif002 Guest

Well, there are but they'd just end up as a bunch of asterisks.

5. cmdknw06

cmdknw06 Well-Known Member

It is truly incomprehensible that this could happen, that someone could even think that this would solve any of their problems.

I do hope that their deaths are not in vain and that schools everywhere look into having more security measures. I know at my sons school, anyone could just walk in...not going to lie, that scares the hell out of me. God bless those babies that died today and the adults that died trying to save the babies. Too bad the shooters name is one who will most likely be remembered most.

6. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

I don't cry. But I cried today when I heard about all those children lost.

7. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

This was my home state. I'm so deeply saddened by the whole thing. I just can't imagine.....

8. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

Not watching TV news (just catching news online), I didn't get emotional until I saw this picture:

[​IMG]

That poor girl crying just got to me. I can't imagine the horror she probably just saw. That can't be undone.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I was struck by the little boy still carrying papers at the front. And I saw a picture of what I assume was a little boy and his big sister that did me in. These poor kids, what they must have seen and heard.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10014896-3.html

I've been crying on and off all afternoon. I can't imagine what these families are going through.

10. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

I heard someone in an interview telling a reporter that they told the kids to close their eyes, hold on to each other, follow them out. They didn't want them to see any more of whatever they saw, didn't want the children to be haunted by the images. Like you mentioned, they cannot be unseen...:cry:

11. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

Today is appropriately overcast and cold. My heart hurts for the families of the victims.

12. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

13. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member