school test scores?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by walloon, Jun 18, 2008.

1. walloon

walloon Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can find the EOG test scores for the Johnston County Schools published?

I keep hearing rumors of how our schools did but can't find anything concrete.

Thank you!

2. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Math EOG's countywide improved from 71% to 79% passing rate. Not sure about writing. Reading scores wil not be released until October, as this was a new version of the test. I read it in today's Herald.

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

the math scores came home with the final report cards, least did for me....the reading is in the Fall, like Hatt said....

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

We just got ours in the mail today, along with DD's final report card.

5. Vitameatavegemin

Vitameatavegemin Well-Known Member

Got my son's writing test scores (as well as two other kid's) in today's mail with his high school report card...EOGs came with the middle schooler's report cards...

Does it really matter? (to most of us anyway?) The schools around here are all pretty good (and we don't get shuffled every year or disdainfully ignored, like Wake County Schools)...

The EOGs only matter if you're a teacher and getting a bonus, right? (not that I'm cynical or anything). Besides, if I were into parental competition, I'd be a lot more into the real grades than the EOGs. <wink>

(ok, so I am pretty cynical...)

6. kodiak kid

kodiak kid Well-Known Member

EOG's IMO measure the OVERALL abilities of the certain school to teach and educate ALL levels of intelligence. Rumor has it that West View was the top scorer this year in math...Which I would believe.

I also love their teaching ethics.....

7. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Although I do have some issues with EOG's/EOC's, since it is the tool the system is mandated to use, I do enjoy seeing growth in all areas. I compare each school from last year's score to this year's instead of school to school. That's just something I do.

8. walloon

walloon Well-Known Member

I was looking for information on how the individual school did, not for individual student scores. I keep hearing our school did not do well and I want to know more about it.
    Thanks!

9. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

10. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member