Senior Care

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Boxwood977, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Boxwood977

Boxwood977 Active Member

Does anyone know of a Senior Assistance Provider in the area? I have an 84 year old Mother who just needs to get out the house for a few hours every week during the afternoon. I work full time and take her out on the weekend but feel badly that she is housebound all week and can't get out by herself. I just need 4 hours a week with someone who has a great driving record and I can TRUST with my Mother.

I have worked with a place in Raleigh that went out of business and one that sounded horrified that I live in Clayton...

2. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

The Senior Center in Clayton has activities M-F. It includes lunch. Not sure what time they end each day. Call them @ 919-553-4350

3. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

You could also post for a CNA care giver. that Most would love to take some one to the mall with them or just get out.
    When I worked as a CNA . I used to post for some one just like her. I used to love to take some ones Mom or Grand Mom or dad out to do stuff. I had learned so much from them. I had a Great time. and even felt guilty about being paid for what I was doing. These Older people have such wonderfull stories to tell. and have had such Life experiances to share. most just like to sit and talk. sip a Coffee or tea. and enjoy being out.. I wish i was still a CNA. I would do that all over again. I get along real well with the Older crowd for some reason.
    Screan the app real well. and get a careing person. you will be supprized at the care that one on one gets. we actualy do love our Patients.
    Hoof.:)

4. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

-Call CenterPeace Home Health in F-V 567-8200. They offer companioncare and CNA care. They are lovely.

5. TaylorKelli

TaylorKelli Guest

Help with 84 year old mother

I would be interested in spending time with your mother. I currently work private duty with a lady 87 years old Thursday and Friday of each week. Please feel free to email me at mjladams@embarqmail.com if you are interested in discussing arrangements. Thank you for your time.